Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Reached Out to Drew Brees
Quote: @Steve said:
Looks like the Saints signed him at 2yr/48M.  Sweetheart of a deal considering all the other numbers being thrown around. 
I don't see this anywhere. Regardless, Brees isn't leaving New Orleans. Zero chance. I don't know why anyone in this thread is wasting their energy on it.

Unfortunately, Brees and Mrs. Brees want to stsy in N.O. The Saints know this. They will likely get him on the cheap. It’s the Patriot way.

My two cents on how this plays out....
The Vikings have Cousins as the #1 option. If they can get him that would be great. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires on Brees whom they consider a long shot but you just never know.
If they cant land Cousins, I think they go with Bradford. Initially I was thinking Teddy here but with the silence from Zim and the front office and also Tom Pelisserio's comments, I think the Cousins fall back is Bradford.
Here are my reasons why I think Bradford is the fall back QB:
1. Zim went out of his way to talk about Bradford's "degenerative" knee. He is too smart and knows better to say that so that to me was not a mistake. Also that move by Zim reminded me of what Rick said in 2007 when Peterson was coming out. He was asked about AP and he said something to the tune of "he is a special player and would help any organization. There are just too many questions about his colar bone and some insiders were wondering if he needed surgery or if it would hold up in the NFL." Guess who the vikings drafted with the seventh pick?
So with that in mind, I think the Vikings are trying discourage people about Bradford. 
2. Defillipo already talked about how Bradford is the purest passer he has ever worked with. 
3. And then there is Kyle Sloter. With Defilippo with the Vikings, Sloters stock went up. With the work he did with Wentz I think he is the security blanket if Bradford gets hurt in the case Bradford is #1.
So in a nutshell here is what I think the Vikings do

Option 1 (We can dream right? Not really an option but why not):
QB1: Brees
QB2: Sloter
QB3: Somebody from draft

Option 2 (Plan all along. Became option 2 with Saints stalling with the Brees contract):
QB1: Cousins
QB3: Somebody from draft

Option 3 (if they miss on Cousins):
QB1: Bradford
QB3: Someone from draft

Option 4 (if we get here we are screwed!):
QB1: No idea
QB3: Someone from draft

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
More
The #Saints and QB Drew Brees made significant progress yesterday on his two-year deal, sources say, as his time in the building for Zach Strief’s retirement paid off. The belief is it gets done today.

There was an earlier tweet at $48, but I can't seem to find it.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973554849529942016

Ian Rapaport is now saying $50M / 27 guaranteed.

twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973554849529942016