Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Reached Out to Drew Brees
Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
brees, cook, diggs, and thielan? my god 
add in Rudolph. and maybe MCKinnon will wanna stay since Drew can maximize screen game and all playmakers chances. 

dont get me too hyped. but i think there is a chance we could lure him. 

oh well. we will end up with something like Jake Cutler or wastefully trade for Foles 

I’d take Brees in a nano second. The guy is sill in peak performance. i also like what he’d bring to the locker room.

I don't think this amounts to anything (there is just ALOT that needs to happen for Brees to jump ship). It however gives the vikings some solid ground to leverage on the Kirk Cousins stakes. 

HOLY SH**...........

the saints couldnt afford his 18 million guarantee that triggers if team picks up options this week. 

how are they going to renegotiate a deal near 30 mil a season. 

The Vikes have nothing to lose on this, I’m sure all the QB needy teams also called Tom Condon, it would be foolish not to...

Brees>Cousins. Im giddy with either one.  is NO now a player for Cousins?   Either way if the saints lose Brees, they are in big trouble- Denver could make a play too.  Could you imsgine we get Brees and the Aints end up with Keenum?? This is great stuff!

Pure smoke. Never happen. Brees loves New Orleans and vice versa. 100% non-story. I'm sure they did reach out....just on the smallest of chances he'd be open to leave. Covering all bases and keeping Cousins in check a bit. 

Nothing to see here.

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
the saints couldnt afford his 18 million guarantee that triggers if team picks up options this week. 

how are they going to renegotiate a deal near 30 mil a season. 
That is the money line to me. At the very least this drives up the price for the Saints and makes it really hard to get the deal done. I think they pull it off though but it completely changes their plans for FA. We at least have to hit on Drew this time around having missed big in 2006
In typical vikings fashion, it may actually help the Packers... the Saints may have to drop off the pursuit of Jimmy Graham leaving the Packers. Rodgers to Graham would not be good. 

It's a no brainer move by the Vikings. The only question is who leaked it to Tom Pelissero, the Vikings or Condon?