Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers not happy about losing his coach
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
Wonder if @Vanguard83 cares?

And wah wah wah!  Poor guy wasn't consulted about a staff decision.  Must not realize he is a player and not the GM or head coach.  Arrogant little piss ant.
Lol. That's the part that stuck out for me. Why is he supposed to be consulted?

Talked with a Puker fan at lunch...in essence, these types of decisions should be "passed by" the likes of a Brady or Rodgers (/eyeroll). But he agreed...what could Van Pelt really coach Rodgers about?  Erin is upset his "buddy" got let go.

I guess we'll see how much the Red Head improves in the Queen City. Wink
Brady has probably earned that right.  Rodgers, not so much.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Ralphie said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
Wonder if @Vanguard83 cares?

And wah wah wah!  Poor guy wasn't consulted about a staff decision.  Must not realize he is a player and not the GM or head coach.  Arrogant little piss ant.
Lol. That's the part that stuck out for me. Why is he supposed to be consulted?

Talked with a Puker fan at lunch...in essence, these types of decisions should be "passed by" the likes of a Brady or Rodgers (/eyeroll). But he agreed...what could Van Pelt really coach Rodgers about?  Erin is upset his "buddy" got let go.

I guess we'll see how much the Red Head improves in the Queen City. Wink
Rogers is the packers,   he is more important to that teams success than the HC, GM, or anybody else on that team.  I dont know if there is a team more dependent on  a single player than Gbay.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Rogers is the packers,   he is more important to that teams success than the HC, GM, or anybody else on that team.  I dont know if there is a team more dependent on  a single player than Gbay.
True, but I don't think that is a reason to run things past him.  I contrast him to Brady because one elevates everyone around him, the other... well, doesn't.  He simply has too much ego and I doubt he would be objective, putting the team ahead of himself.

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
True, but I don't think that is a reason to run things past him.  I contrast him to Brady because one elevates everyone around him, the other... well, doesn't.  He simply has too much ego and I doubt he would be objective, putting the team ahead of himself.
That team is better when Rogers plays, I dont like the assbag,  but I am not going to say he doesnt make his teammates better players by being on the field.  Brady has had a better coach, and better players around him,  and plays in a traditionally weaker division,  I think Brady has benefitted very much from being a patriot,  likely more than rogers has been helped by the packer organization ( at least since favre left)

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
That team is better when Rogers plays, I dont like the assbag,  but I am not going to say he doesnt make his teammates better players by being on the field.  Brady has had a better coach, and better players around him,  and plays in a traditionally weaker division,  I think Brady has benefitted very much from being a patriot,  likely more than rogers has been helped by the packer organization ( at least since favre left)
Rodgers is very important to the team, no doubt.  But his arrogance just seems like he doesn't care about the team.  Brady has made lots of pedestrian WRs look good.  Rodgers throws people under the bus when they fail. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Rodgers is very important to the team, no doubt.  But his arrogance just seems like he doesn't care about the team.  Brady has made lots of pedestrian WRs look good.  Rodgers throws people under the bus when they fail. 
I am not arguing that he isnt an ass hat,  just saying he is likely the single most important player to any team in the league in terms of wins and losses.

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
I am not arguing that he isnt an ass hat,  just saying he is likely the single most important player to any team in the league in terms of wins and losses.
But is that reason to run coaching decisions by him?  That was my point.  What has he done to show he cares about anything other than himself?  You don't keep coaches just to make on guy happy.  Might be a reason to get rid of the coach just to get someone willing to challenge him a bit rather than be his buddy.

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
But is that reason to run coaching decisions by him?  That was my point.  What has he done to show he cares about anything other than himself?  You don't keep coaches just to make on guy happy.  Might be a reason to get rid of the coach just to get someone willing to challenge him a bit rather than be his buddy.
because if he gets pissy... then that can sink their season.   you dont think that our players appreciate having input with the coaches?  remember when Zim admitted that he needed to talk with his vets more and get their input on stuff?  again, rogers is an asshole,  but he is still the single most important person in that organization, and as such he should likely be included in decisions that pertain to him.   i am not here to defend him,  but its not like the QB coach is working with the entire team,  he works with 3 guys and the main one thinks he deserves some input.  its usually a good idea to keep key employees involved some aspects of a business.   rogers isnt a total lunk head,  if there was good reasoning to remove the guy he likely wouldnt have had an issue with it.  im hoping this becomes an issue that sets the team back 30 years.

The Puke would sink like a lead balloon without Rodgers. They know it and he knows it. When a player knows his great individual value to the success of a team they are going to have a god complex like he does. That being said, I find it pretty humorous that McCarthy didn't "consult" with Rodgers on this coaching move. Seems like a power play...Rodgers has it and McCarthy wants it. 

Oh I hope he continues his hissy fit over it.  But think about Hundley, how did he progress?  Was Van Pelt improving that room or just buddies with Mr Dippy?   I disagree that he isn't a total lunkhead.  I think this news bit proves that. 

Maybe it was petty that the Packers didn't resign him, just like it was petty for them to deny interviews.  But a player making a power play move like this is pure lunkhead.  Even if he is right.

Kinda reminds me of Peterson standing up for Frazier.  Some coaches make players too comfortable and they don't improve.