Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's going to be the new OC?
Bob Schnelker!

Quote: @Tyr said:
I don't see why anyone would want to give McAdoo another chance right away. The situation with the Giants turned toxic, he fielded a terrible OL, and the offense imploded. Maybe you blame his situation on injuries, but he should probably be a position coach for a year or two. McCoy just feels very uninspired. He was mediocre in SD/LA and things fell apart rapidly in Denver. Denver has a pretty bad front office situation right now, so maybe he gets a bit more benefit of the doubt, but I do worry about coaches with overly complicated offenses offenses and rightly or wrongly, it does make me fear the Norv Turner not adapting the offense to fit his personnel. We don't necessarily need to promote Stefanski, but surely there must be some more intriguing options out there?

What I liked about Shurmur is that he worked with a variety of offenses, was willing to shape the offense to fit his talent, actually ran modern concepts (sure there are plenty of options that could do that), and he was a good play caller particularly in the red zone.
Did he have control over the roster? Was it him that didn't Address the Oline or RB situations?  Weren't all of his recevers on IR.

Sounds like Darell Bevell is the favorite right now if it's someone external. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
so does this speak to who they might be favoring in the QB discussion?  Bevell's best work was with a very mobile QB,  would that maybe suggest that Sam would not be a first choice for the team and maybe favor Case?  or I am grasping here?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
so does this speak to who they might be favoring in the QB discussion?  Bevell's best work was with a very mobile QB,  would that maybe suggest that Sam would not be a first choice for the team and maybe favor Case?  or I am grasping here?
I would think so, but Bevell's play calling left a bit to be desired last time he was here.  Sounds like an oncoming shitshow.

Quote: @pumpf said:
Bob Schnelker!
Bob don't F..n Block or catch the F..n ball

Bevell and Alex Smith

CB and WR depth via modest FA pick ups

Add a starting G via first round, DT via trade, DE via 3rd round pick

offense gets better, breaks top 10, defense remains in top 5. Another double digit win season and a shot at a Super Bowl

Quote: @Skodin said:
Bevell and Alex Smith

CB and WR depth via modest FA pick ups

Add a starting G via first round, DT via trade, DE via 3rd round pick

offense gets better, breaks top 10, defense remains in top 5. Another double digit win season and a shot at a Super Bowl

I think Smith's skill set would work perfect with Bevell

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@pumpf said:
Bob Schnelker!
Bob don't F..n Block or catch the F..n ball
I love anderson, but he made a dumb play.

Bevell (shudder)
Wackadoo (hide your children)

Uggh.  I liked Shurmur.  Don't want to trade coaches with the Giants, that doesn't seem like a winning combination.