Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's going to be the new OC?
I haven't heard any names besides Stefanski and I am not convinced that's who we'll end up with...

I hope Bruce arians comes out of a short retirement. Please no Mcadoo!!

I heard Mcadoo yesterday.

I hope they don't go with a retread.  Bring in some young energy and ideas.   

They'll interview a few I bet. Stefanski will get a shot but externally Mike McCoy, Ben McAdoo, and Darelle Bevel are all names to watch. I think the hesitation with Stefanski is that he has no play calling experience and Zimmer wants to give someone full autonomy with the offense.  

I'm going to bet its McCoy if they don't go Stefanski. The allure for McCoy would be full autonomy to run the offense and he's a good strategist. Would be a good move for the franchise. 

I agree with Geoff,  it would be a big leap to go from only ever being a position coach to having full autonomy of an offense and all that entails.   I have a hard time understanding the McAdoo talk though,  his offense is what cost him his job in NY wasnt it?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'm going to bet its McCoy if they don't go Stefanski. The allure for McCoy would be full autonomy to run the offense and he's a good strategist. Would be a good move for the franchise. 
I am not a huge McCoy fan. If you really dig into it he hasn't had a great amount of success without Peyton Manning at QB. Although the media made him look like a fool, I'd shy towards McAdoo. As an OC he had that Giants offense firing on all cylinders. The Vikings personnel also fits his play style. Kind of a situation where the guy probably isn't the greatest leader but a heck of a play caller / game planner. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I am not a huge McCoy fan. If you really dig into it he hasn't had a great amount of success without Peyton Manning at QB. Although the media made him look like a fool, I'd shy towards McAdoo. As an OC he had that Giants offense firing on all cylinders. The Vikings personnel also fits his play style. Kind of a situation where the guy probably isn't the greatest leader but a heck of a play caller / game planner. 
Could be, Geoff. McAdoo obviously was doing something right to get promoted. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
McCoy was heavily criticized in Denver for having an overly complicated play book and eventually lost his job due to an ineffective offense. I don't want any of these retreads that are going to force feed a system like Norv did when we don't have the personnel to run it. I would rather take my chances with Stefanski that he can develop into a good play caller. You can't be a good play caller if you are never given an opportunity to do it. I think he's done a nice job with our QB's and hopefully has learned enough with his time here to take that next step. McVay never had any play calling experience before Jay Gruden gave him a shot as his OC in 2014. I think that turned out pretty well.