Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater: 'This season has been a test of my character'
I didn't see Teddy favoring his knee during the Cincinnati game. He looked excited to be out there. I certainly didn't see any sort of deer in headlights going on. But making any sort of assessment based on a few plays is meaningless. The season was a test of his character but he handled it well. And I get that he wants to play. 

As far as Case is concerned. He probably feels he has earned a shot. He worked hard and was a good teammate. I think he wants to stay here but I also think he is trying not to give too much away. It's early days yet so we will have to see which direction the team goes. 

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from
teddy then he definitely has a case for being mistreated.....just cast him off to the side because of hus injury? thats bullshit.

wherever teddy lands next year and starts he’ll definitely prove the doubters wrong. 
I don't think the Vikings "owe" him anything. He got hurt. It sucks. But it happens. Its not like Teddy no longer has a future in this league. If it's not us, someone is going to give him a really nice pay day. 

Zimmer said an interesting thing at his presser today: He felt Bradford's knee wouldn't be a problem in the future.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Zimmer said an interesting thing at his presser today: He felt Bradford's knee wouldn't be a problem in the future.
But do you really trust what Zimmer sez about injuries in a presser?

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
But do you really trust what Zimmer sez about injuries in a presser?
LOL, good point.

Not sure he has reason to lie at this point, but to me, it is more a "keeping my options open" statement. 

Quote: @greediron said:
IMO Teddy (depending on what they saw in practice) has the best long term future.  Bradford could be the bridge to Sloter or the next big thing. 

Still not sure about Case. good leadership and big balls, but not good enough to win games where he needs to step up and put the team on his back IMO. 
It's a tough call. There's no doubt about that. That's why so many smart, reasonable people disagree. And you know what? I'm betting there isn't a consensus even in the Vikings organization either. 

I will say this though...I think 3 years from now, the QB most likely to have us regretting the decision to let him go is Teddy Bridgewater...with the caveat that I obviously haven't seen him in practice post-knee. 

Unlike '98, I think we have a pretty smart GM and head coach. I'm going to (nervously) trust that the decision they make is the correct one, provided of course that they take some time with it. And it sounds like they plan to. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
IMO Teddy (depending on what they saw in practice) has the best long term future.  Bradford could be the bridge to Sloter or the next big thing. 

Still not sure about Case. good leadership and big balls, but not good enough to win games where he needs to step up and put the team on his back IMO. 
It's a tough call. There's no doubt about that. That's why so many smart, reasonable people disagree. And you know what? I'm betting there isn't a consensus even in the Vikings organization either. 

I will say this though...I think 3 years from now, the QB most likely to have us regretting the decision to let him go is Teddy Bridgewater...with the caveat that I obviously haven't seen him in practice post-knee. 

Unlike '98, I think we have a pretty smart GM and head coach. I'm going to (nervously) trust that the decision they make is the correct one, provided of course that they take some time with it. And it sounds like they plan to. 
thats where I am at with it,  I have seen enough of all 3 to pick apart the choice... or stand firmly behind it so I am thinking that I really dont have enough information as I am sure with inside knowledge of both recent performance and contract expectations that there is likely a clear cut front runner.