Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater: 'This season has been a test of my character'
You know we may just end up with Bradford as the starter next year if he comes at a decent salary.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from
teddy then he definitely has a case for being mistreated.....just cast him off to the side because of hus injury? thats bullshit.

wherever teddy lands next year and starts he’ll definitely prove the doubters wrong. 

That injury was a tragic one and horrendous. It wasn't your typical simple ACL. If you also saw how he looked in the Cincy game then you would know he doesn't trust that knee at this point.
I am all for giving Teddy a shot, but to say "just because of his injury" is the wrong way to look at this situation in a fair light.
I didn't see that at all in Cincy or any practice video since.  Not saying it won't be a factor but I would hope they have all the info they need regarding his knee, and Sam's for that matter.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from
teddy then he definitely has a case for being mistreated.....just cast him off to the side because of hus injury? thats bullshit.

wherever teddy lands next year and starts he’ll definitely prove the doubters wrong. 

That injury was a tragic one and horrendous. It wasn't your typical simple ACL. If you also saw how he looked in the Cincy game then you would know he doesn't trust that knee at this point.
I am all for giving Teddy a shot, but to say "just because of his injury" is the wrong way to look at this situation in a fair light.
he took TWO SNAPS against cincy. youve got to be kidding me if youre judging him off of that. most likely it may have been nerves. all reports say that teddy was very impressive in practices. even b robs dad said so in one of his threads

Teddy wouldn't plant on that leg with either throws and favored his leg noticeable.
you better recheck the tape.  Teddy was jumping all over on the interception play as he moved in the pocket to avoid pressure,  he wasnt favoring anything,  one issue with the interception is that he didnt get his feet set and that led to the high throw,  but he also rushed the delivery.   no where on that play could you say he was favoring that knee at all.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am so conflicted on what direction I would like to see the team take.

Case,  I really like his durability ( theres no ability like availability) his mobility is a huge plus,  and his keeping his eyes down field.  I dont like  some of his decision making and he still has the issue of locking onto a target at times as well as holding the ball to long.  his lack of arm strength could be problematic at times, but he has seemed to be able to work with it in target selection.  I am not convinced he is a long term starter and I dont like the thought of locking our cap up on him for more than 1 year at this point.  ( make him prove that this year wasnt a fluke)

Sam,  the best arm talent of the bunch,  but those knees.  His lack of mobility and the continued injury issue would have me offering him a contract that is very very incentive laden with not much guaranteed.

Teddy,  positives... youth, smarts, great attitude, decent (not great) arm.  questions- showed good promise 2 years ago in preseason but after missing 2 seasons we have no idea what he will look like,  his knee got the green light from the doctors,  but how healthy is it long term?  I would say that Teddy has the most upside, but also has the most questions of the 3 since he was not even close to a finished product and already was showing like a pro QB, but so much time off and medical concerns... a prove it deal at most and he will have to compete for the #1 with another starting caliber type QB.   

I think Teddy and Case would make the most sense but I just dont see either wanting to stay here and compete.  I think as smiley as both guys are,  the situation may have been becoming mildly toxic and neither seem like the type to want to compete in that type of environment.  perhaps picking one and then bringing in a fresh face to compete would be the best... but who to keep and who to try and bring in?
I am absolutely in the same boat as you. Sam's arm with a solid line in front of him is amazing to watch. Teddy's knee scares the crap out of me. Case is like Favre's brain minus the cannon for an arm. Where to go from here?

If you REALLY feel good about Sloter and his future...I mean, if you love this kid....don't you go Bradford here? He's the best passer with the most arm talent, but risky because of the knees. If the team thinks his (Sloter) upside could surpass Bridgewater, this has to be considered. I'm not saying it is or that its part of their thought process. Just spitballin'. 

My point is it could almost go in any direction. Bradford can't be dismissed, even with the knees.

From the Vikings side, now isn't the time to commit to any of the QB's and give them any indication. From the players side you want to be the starter and don't suggest you'd take a hometown discount. Not to say its scripted, but this happens every year everywhere at the end of the season. 

Case,  I really like his durability ( theres no ability like availability) his mobility is a huge plus,  and his keeping his eyes down field.  I dont like  some of his decision making and he still has the issue of locking onto a target at times as well as holding the ball to long.  his lack of arm strength could be problematic at times, but he has seemed to be able to work with it in target selection.  I am not convinced he is a long term starter and I dont like the thought of locking our cap up on him for more than 1 year at this point.  ( make him prove that this year wasnt a fluke)

Sam,  the best arm talent of the bunch,  but those knees.  His lack of mobility and the continued injury issue would have me offering him a contract that is very very incentive laden with not much guaranteed.

Teddy,  positives... youth, smarts, great attitude, decent (not great) arm.  questions- showed good promise 2 years ago in preseason but after missing 2 seasons we have no idea what he will look like,  his knee got the green light from the doctors,  but how healthy is it long term?  I would say that Teddy has the most upside, but also has the most questions of the 3 since he was not even close to a finished product and already was showing like a pro QB, but so much time off and medical concerns... a prove it deal at most and he will have to compete for the #1 with another starting caliber type QB.   

I think Teddy and Case would make the most sense but I just dont see either wanting to stay here and compete.  I think as smiley as both guys are,  the situation may have been becoming mildly toxic and neither seem like the type to want to compete in that type of environment.  perhaps picking one and then bringing in a fresh face to compete would be the best... but who to keep and who to try and bring in?
You know what they say Jimmy, when you have 3 qb's....

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
From the Vikings side, now isn't the time to commit to any of the QB's and give them any indication. From the players side you want to be the starter and don't suggest you'd take a hometown discount. Not to say its scripted, but this happens every year everywhere at the end of the season. 
its a stare down, until something happens to set the game in motion.   You really think they will wait and see what happens at the start of FA with guys like brees and smith? ( i really dont think a lot of cousins so I will leave him out here... knowing full and well that he will likely end up being our #1 next september)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

You know what they say Jimmy, when you have 3 qb's....
thats kind of where I am at,  I dont think I am comfortable with any of them so.... I am intrigued by Alex Smith,  I was pretty impressed with him in KC at times,  I dont think brees leaves nawlins and I am not a fan of cousins, even though I completely understand him playing hardball with snyder and the skins.

i dont know... i just know that whatever we end up with will be the wrong choice and that no matter who it is there will be a lot of unhappy fans.

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
its a stare down, until something happens to set the game in motion.   You really think they will wait and see what happens at the start of FA with guys like brees and smith? ( i really dont think a lot of cousins so I will leave him out here... knowing full and well that he will likely end up being our #1 next september)
I think they will try to drag it out until they at least know what else is going to be available. Of course they'll have the intel and know before players hit the actual market. But the transition tag does have one major benefit for the Vikings. If they slap Case with the transition tag and he wants to shop the market for a longer term deal the Vikings could continue to look at other options and rescind the transition tag if they find another option.