Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you May Not Have Heard About the Vikings
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AllBS said:
I want to have the excitement of the Vikings making it to the Super Bowl, as it's something I've never experienced in my conscious lifetime.  I was barely 3 years old the last time it happened.  Win or lose, I want the experience of seeing the team there.  It's like the old saying goes "Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved"  I've never experienced the "love" and I want it!!  There's like 3 generations of Vikings fans that haven't had that experience.  It's time!!  
I am in the same boat... however one difference,  if we cant win it... I dont want to be in it.  I spent my whole life getting 4 loses thrown in my face,  when we get there again, I dont want a good game,  I want a dominating performance start to finish,  we are already going to hear about it being a home game,  i want everything else to be squashed.  and for the love of God I dont want to hear about 5 loses...
Got to be in it to win it.  So it is all in for me.  I want to see my team play in the SB as I was too young to remember (and don't think we had a TV at that point anyway) the last time we were there.  I think losing in the NFCCG again would be worse than losing the SB.  Dunno.

As to the 4 losses.  Anyone intrigued by the thought of somehow facing Buffalo in the SB?  wouldn't that be epic?  One of us would exorcise a demon (dressed in kickers gear).

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AllBS said:
I want to have the excitement of the Vikings making it to the Super Bowl, as it's something I've never experienced in my conscious lifetime.  I was barely 3 years old the last time it happened.  Win or lose, I want the experience of seeing the team there.  It's like the old saying goes "Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved"  I've never experienced the "love" and I want it!!  There's like 3 generations of Vikings fans that haven't had that experience.  It's time!!  
I am in the same boat... however one difference,  if we cant win it... I dont want to be in it.  I spent my whole life getting 4 loses thrown in my face,  when we get there again, I dont want a good game,  I want a dominating performance start to finish,  we are already going to hear about it being a home game,  i want everything else to be squashed.  and for the love of God I dont want to hear about 5 loses...
Got to be in it to win it.  So it is all in for me.  I want to see my team play in the SB as I was too young to remember (and don't think we had a TV at that point anyway) the last time we were there.  I think losing in the NFCCG again would be worse than losing the SB.  Dunno.

As to the 4 losses.  Anyone intrigued by the thought of somehow facing Buffalo in the SB?  wouldn't that be epic?  One of us would exorcise a demon (dressed in kickers gear).
I actually have a friend from way back in High School who is a Bills fan. We keep in touch with each other, and during football season we equally hate Bears fans and lament never winning the SB.

I sent him a text congratulating him when Buffalo got in and he said, Maybe we’ll play each other and one of us can finally get that monkey off our back.

So yeah, I’ve though about it.