Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary-cap analyst foresees QB Case Keenum commanding $15 million a year as impending free agent
Fitzgerald does not see a scenario in which Bradford returns to Minnesota. He does see one in which the Vikings re-sign Keenum and Bridgewater before they become free agents in March.
In that comes to fruition, Keenum and Bridgewater potentially would combine to make a bit more than $20 million next season. That’s a manageable amount for the top two quarterbacks on a team, and then the Vikings would have a year of Keenum and Bridgewater competing to be their quarterback of the future.
“My guess is they probably keep Keenum and Bridgewater,’’ Fitzgerald said. “I think that’s the best scenario for them and then they really decide in the future who the (starting) quarterback is unless Keenum leads them to the Super Bowl.’’
As a Viking fan, this is what I want. Both in TC next season. Seems like a long-shot though. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
pay him. he has two knees. 
Healthy knees Smile

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Fitzgerald does not see a scenario in which Bradford returns to Minnesota. He does see one in which the Vikings re-sign Keenum and Bridgewater before they become free agents in March.
In that comes to fruition, Keenum and Bridgewater potentially would combine to make a bit more than $20 million next season. That’s a manageable amount for the top two quarterbacks on a team, and then the Vikings would have a year of Keenum and Bridgewater competing to be their quarterback of the future.
“My guess is they probably keep Keenum and Bridgewater,’’ Fitzgerald said. “I think that’s the best scenario for them and then they really decide in the future who the (starting) quarterback is unless Keenum leads them to the Super Bowl.’’
As a Viking fan, this is what I want. Both in TC next season. Seems like a long-shot though. 
Yea I think this would be ideal.  Having both Teddy and Case for 20-25 million which is the price for a franchise QB.  We have the Cap space to get this done I think it just comes down to if another team throws crazy money at Case and that could happen as well.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
i completely agree with this being the approach. Draft a young guy if you wonder about Sloter’s development in our system. If he can get down the offense, his legs and arm could be dangerous with these weapons at WR and Cook in the backfield 

PLEASE LOCK UP SHURMUR, his command
of the offense (and ability to recruit Josh Gordon if he ever plays again) is perfect for this Zimmer team

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
His track record with the Texans and Rams will still be a factor in contract talks. Historically the NFL hasn't shelled out massive money for one year of production at QB. The Mike Glennon situation was still quite different. But at this point his asking price is quickly rising above that of a low-end backup QB and into the range of a gap-starter ($10-12M). Unless something changes down the line its going to be awfully tough to keep any 2 of the QB's on the roster.  
Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Brock Osweiller and Matt Cassel all got paid on limited performance - Mitchell on just two quarters’ worth.  If a team thinks they can win, they will pay them. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
His track record with the Texans and Rams will still be a factor in contract talks. Historically the NFL hasn't shelled out massive money for one year of production at QB. The Mike Glennon situation was still quite different. But at this point his asking price is quickly rising above that of a low-end backup QB and into the range of a gap-starter ($10-12M). Unless something changes down the line its going to be awfully tough to keep any 2 of the QB's on the roster.  
Track Record??

2 years with Fisher!!!!
He out played Goff last year, He (Goff) looks OK this year. I blame Fishers system.

3-2 in Fishers system in 2015

2-0 in 2014

0-8 on a 2-14 Texans team in 2013 He had a way better TD & INT %, higher yards per attempt, better QB rate than Schaub, and took fewer sacks in the same amount of games started.
Not so terrible for a guy coming off the practice squad. Considering the team was a disaster.

Quote: @headhunt23 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Brock Osweiller and Matt Cassel all got paid on limited performance - Mitchell on just two quarters’ worth.  If a team thinks they can win, they will pay them. 
And there's 4 reasons why teams are remiss to do it going forward! Wink

Quote: @headhunt23 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
The key difference is that you're paying those players on the perception that they're going to improve as a starter. In the NFL subjectivity can drive a players value up. The more you become a known commodity less variance you're going to get in an offer from team to team. 

Everyone forgets that there is a reason Case wasn't signed at the start of free agency and was only able to gain a contract for a single year and $2M. This season will increase his value, but teams also will look at the system he was in this year too. Nobody is going to back up the brinks truck and lock themselves into Case Keenum. 

When he leads the team to the Super Bowl and wins, then that is an entirely different conversation. 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@NodakViking said:
The question is what can/will other teams offer?  It would be nice if they could work a way to keep Teddy and Case next year.   At least after that things should be pretty clear and maybe Sloter will secure the QB of the future role by the end of next year giving them some assurances for either Teddy's knee or Case's age after next year.
Considering this is cases 5th  nfl  season   and  has  played in games  almost 2  full seasons  I'm not that worried  about his age
He turns 30 in February, he is very dependent on his mobility currently, his arm is not particularly strong or accurate.  If they give him a 5 year deal that would mean they better have a young guy ready to go in 5 years.  Assuming Sloter is that guy(big assumption right now-but for arguments sake) they could keep his rights that long pretty easily.    It would be foolish to bank on a 35-36 year old QB with a mediocre arm and inconsistent accuracy beyond that.  I'm talking big picture long range not the current journey of this season.