Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary-cap analyst foresees QB Case Keenum commanding $15 million a year as impending free agent

If Glennon got basically a $16 million guaranteed deal this offseason, you can bet Case will get that much or more per year.

Glennon signed a 3 year, $45 million dollar deal with $18 million guarenteed. I'd think thats the floor, then you consider he can actually play...

The question is what can/will other teams offer?  It would be nice if they could work a way to keep Teddy and Case next year.   At least after that things should be pretty clear and maybe Sloter will secure the QB of the future role by the end of next year giving them some assurances for either Teddy's knee or Case's age after next year.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
The question is what can/will other teams offer?  It would be nice if they could work a way to keep Teddy and Case next year.   At least after that things should be pretty clear and maybe Sloter will secure the QB of the future role by the end of next year giving them some assurances for either Teddy's knee or Case's age after next year.
That's a good question.

Are teams man enough to admit they made a mistake, passing him over or not even scouting him at all?

If they go back and watch his college games, they will realize he is doing now (in the NFL) what he did in college.
The place were he owns all the important QB stats.
The kid has balls, guts, and is a winner.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
Considering this is cases 5th  nfl  season   and  has  played in games  almost 2  full seasons  I'm not that worried  about his age

Isn't Case about the same age as Stafford.

pay him. he has two knees. 

Assuming the bottom does not fall out over the next 5 weeks, and I do not think it will (I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually believe in Case), we need to bring him back. And probably Teddy, too. Make it an open competition with Case getting the benefit of a tie. That is, it is Case's job until he loses it or Teddy takes it.

His track record with the Texans and Rams will still be a factor in contract talks. Historically the NFL hasn't shelled out massive money for one year of production at QB. The Mike Glennon situation was still quite different. But at this point his asking price is quickly rising above that of a low-end backup QB and into the range of a gap-starter ($10-12M). Unless something changes down the line its going to be awfully tough to keep any 2 of the QB's on the roster.