Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much of Bridgewater do they need to see to get a bead on him?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Best case scenario, IMO, is we've got home field wrapped up week 17 and we get Teddy a start vs Chicago...that's from the "we need to look at Teddy in 2017" perspective...
Only problem with that is if they decide to stay with Case for the playoffs that would give him 2 weeks without  any game action.
Yah, that's a long lay-off heading into the playoffs. Coaches like their routines too. That's where I keep coming back to no really great, pro-active options - least ones that I can see. Not a terrible place to be as long as you're winning.

We've got some very win able games after these next 2,  with a couple at home.  I know people think you don't want to mess with what's working,  but unless the front office and coaches have bought into Case as their guy going forward I think that the Bengals game would likely be a good one to target as a potential Teddy tryout.  I would like Case to get the start to keep his routine,  but give Teddy 2 or 3 quarters to shake the rust off and then unless Teddy looks all world it's back to Case for the last 2 games with only seeing Teddy in mop up or in the event of us actually needing a #2. 

I don't like the idea of taking a whole game away from Case at this point. I just want to see how Teddy handles live fire.  Not to mention,  it was said that Bradford could be back for the playoffs,  if that is true it would be good to find out if Teddy is up for it now instead of during a one and done event.

In my ideal scenario they win the next two critical games and N.O. loses a couple, all but securing a first round bye, by big enough margins that Teddy can get some late snaps even if they are mostly run downs and dump offs.  Then vs Cincinnati at home have Case start the first few series and hand it over to Teddy to run a full offense for at least a half or more.  Have Case play most of each the GB and Chicago games to keep him rolling but get Teddy some 2nd half snaps regardless of the situation.  They could enter the playoffs with Case starting and Teddy hopefully full go if something should go wrong.  They really need N.O. to lose 2 of the next three for this to play out though.

Saints Remaining Games:

@ Rams (3:25 game!) 
Panthers
@ Falcons
Jets
Falcons
@ Bucs

Couple gimmes, but Rams, Panthers and Falcons twice is no cake-walk.

I think Philly has it pretty soft the rest of the way. Maybe 2 losable games, and that's assuming Zeke, Sean Lee, Aldon Smith, and Zack Martin ate all playing for the Cowboys.

Oh the things only viking fans can create when there is too much winning. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Best case scenario, IMO, is we've got home field wrapped up week 17 and we get Teddy a start vs Chicago...that's from the "we need to look at Teddy in 2017" perspective...
Only problem with that is if they decide to stay with Case for the playoffs that would give him 2 weeks without  any game action.
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yah, that's a long lay-off heading into the playoffs. Coaches like their routines too. That's where I keep coming back to no really great, pro-active options - least ones that I can see. Not a terrible place to be as long as you're winning.
Valid points...but, how loud would you scream if Case got hurt in a meaningless game?

There's really no good answer/scenario in which Teddy plays this year...best case scenario is both are in camp next year...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Valid points...but, how loud would you scream if Case got hurt in a meaningless game?

There's really no good answer/scenario in which Teddy plays this year...best case scenario is both are in camp next year...
I don't think any of them will be meaningless.  I think we will be playing for playoff seeding down to the last week.  Hopefully we control our own destiny by then,   but I think they will all have meaning. 

I don't think they have to get Teddy isn't a game if it doesn't work itself out naturally. You can see enough in practice to judge whether he is on track or not. But in all likelihood he'll get a shot to play down the stretch at some point. Like others have mentioned, week 17 is a decent chance. If the Vikings are locked into a playoff seed they could let Teddy start the entire 2nd half. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 2 TD lead at some point they trust Teddy to hold onto it and throw him in for a 4th quarter. 

It comes down to this: if the organization thought Teddy could be a franchise QB before the injury and now he's healthy and looking as strong or stronger than before, than they're just rebooting the plan and he'll be the guy next year. Bridgewater just turned 25 years old 2 weeks ago, he's not near his prime yet. I think the team was ready to commit to Bradford, quite honestly, before this knee deal. No way they commit to Sam now.