Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much of Bridgewater do they need to see to get a bead on him?
With real, live bullets flying? A 1/2 a game? A game? 2-3 games? 

Reason I ask is we're (probably) all in agreement RS & Zimmer need to see him play in order to make a determination as to if & what kind of offer they're willing to make #5. 

How willing are they put Keenum on ice to do that? For how long if at all? 

What happens if Bridgewater doesn't see the field this year? It's a growing possibility.

What kind of offer would they be willing to put in front of him then? Anything close to palatable to what Teddy and his agent would want? 

I've been preaching patience and let this play-out on the field, but they've had to been asking themselves this in Vikingland by now. Hell, maybe they already have a plan to execute based on different outcomes. For Teddy or Keenum.

I would also be curious about the interest elsewhere. How many teams would want to take a shot? If there is an interest, that would be something to consider.

I have to think that Miami would make a real effort to get Teddy back to Florida, given his overall popularity and their QB struggles.  It's going to be a brutal topic after the season, because Case is making a helluva "case" for himself, but we never got to see where Teddy's development had gotten to.

Sam may also be in a far better state than we know about, as we've barely seen glimpses of him for some time.  It's a real mess, as it's not unprecedented for a SB-winning QB to find himself unemployed before he even gets his ring.  I'm glad that the team is seemingly focused on the "now" rather than what's looming ahead.

Best case scenario, IMO, is we've got home field wrapped up week 17 and we get Teddy a start vs Chicago...that's from the "we need to look at Teddy in 2017" perspective...

Quote: @Zanary said:
I have to think that Miami would make a real effort to get Teddy back to Florida, given his overall popularity and their QB struggles.  It's going to be a brutal topic after the season, because Case is making a helluva "case" for himself, but we never got to see where Teddy's development had gotten to.

Sam may also be in a far better state than we know about, as we've barely seen glimpses of him for some time.  It's a real mess, as it's not unprecedented for a SB-winning QB to find himself unemployed before he even gets his ring.  I'm glad that the team is seemingly focused on the "now" rather than what's looming ahead.
Yes and no...Thats the point of my putting this thread-up Z, how much do they need to see of Teddy to make a determination of the kid? I think they are thinking long term.

What might they do if Case doesnt give them that option? And at what point does Keenum become back-up, 1 year guy to we gotta keep him? 

Right now, the Vikings have a MUCH MUCH better take on Teddy than any other team. They get to see him every day at practice and nobody else has seen play him in 2 years. I know practice is not like a live game, but that's all there is of Teddy since his injury. And nobody else has even that much. So I don't believe any team will offer Teddy big money under those circumstances. 

Miami's O-line situation is really bad right now. Pouncy is one play away from being done for his career. Tunsil has been disappointing. Everyone else is very underwhelming. And for whatever reason, Gase loves Cutler. He throws Moore under the bus every chance he gets.  He has no connection to Bridgewater. So I'm not really buying into Miami as a home for Teddy, either.

If Sam is actually getting healthy and TB wants to test FA, I can see letting TB go, signing Sam to a short deal, and signing Case to a longer deal.  Then let them compete for the starter job.  Sloter stays as the developmental QB.

Yeah, I agree that "if" Sam is getting healthy, they may go after him rather than TB.  Both QBs are probably just one leg hit away from ending their careers, I don't see a long-term future in either one anymore.  As much as I like Teddy, I like Bradford even more with his big arm.  I'm betting the coaches feel the same way, but that's a big if regarding Sam getting healthy.

Quote: @Zanary said:

I’m not sure the Dolphins would take Bridgewater over Tannehill.  Why would they?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Best case scenario, IMO, is we've got home field wrapped up week 17 and we get Teddy a start vs Chicago...that's from the "we need to look at Teddy in 2017" perspective...
Only problem with that is if they decide to stay with Case for the playoffs that would give him 2 weeks without  any game action.

It would be great if we have things under control enough by week 17 to start Teddy against the Bears and see how he handles live pressure and getting hit. That's more important to me than seeing how he handles Shurmur's offense, even though I think our current scheme is a better fit for him.  That being said, we have 5 more games left, so if a game gets lopsided one way or the other, then I'd like to see him take some snaps. I don't doubt that he's physically ready, but there's a mental process in learning to trust your body after an injury and it's a big difference going from a controlled situation to a real game.