Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT I might be insane..... Coaching my daughter's hockey team
What they all said...but I want to echo the point about having an adult female presence in the locker room...boys get at each other and they just fight...girls at that age are just plain mean and hurtful.   Make sure you don't let the catty shit fly in your team or all the good you create will easily be overshadowed by the evil of mental shit fromy a few bad eggs.

I shit you not,  mean girls are way worse than meam boys. ....it's like they take classes or something.

First off congrats on the opportunity. Coaching is fun I would not trade it for any other "passion". I have been coaching soccer for 20+ years (and still coach rec and high school) at all levels (U5 to adults), girls and boys. I coached at Edina Soccer club a few years back and know EXACTLY what you mean. 
@NodakViking great call out. This coupled with a genuine dedication to the kids is largely what sets you apart.
I'll like to add that one of the things that keeps me going is re-inventing myself with new methods to challenge the kids everyday (you always have to keep them engaged and wondering what's next). One of the moments I cherish every day is when a kid finally realizes they "can do it" after trying for a while and doubting they could ever get there. That makes my day and its all worth the effort.