Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's gone kinda silent on Bradford...
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@HappyViking said:
I wonder if getting a few doses of "Bridgewater" will help that ailing knee.  If Teddy seems ready in the next 3 or 4 weeks, Sam might be more anxious about getting better.
But this is just another way of implying that Bradford is dogging, faking, too wimpy to take the pain - whatever. Geez, why didn't Spielman just tell Bridgewater he had a trade arranged for Bradford last August? Do you think with a "dose of Bradford" that wimp would have hauled his butt out of that cushy hospital bed and got back on the field asap instead of taking a 14 month paid vacation??
No, I wasn't "Sam bashing", but nice misleading rant anyway. 

I just meant that competition for something you really want sometimes makes you "rush" your decisions.  I think having a healthy Teddy back could absolutely make Sam want to see the field quicker than if Case was the only other available QB.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@HappyViking said:
I wonder if getting a few doses of "Bridgewater" will help that ailing knee.  If Teddy seems ready in the next 3 or 4 weeks, Sam might be more anxious about getting better.
It might assist in the urgency aspect but that might not necessarily be a good thing depending on what is going on with his knee. I just see it as Sam exploring all his options as he should. But if he tries to rush back, that could backfire. It already did. Whether he rushed or not still isn't totally clear. The staff cleared him. He played. The result was not pretty. 
I agree that Sam rushing back again before he's ready would be bad.  It didn't work the first time, and I doubt it would again.  It really sucks for us that this happened. 

Case might be the guy for the rest of the season, who knows?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Jor-El said:
@HappyViking said:
But this is just another way of implying that Bradford is dogging, faking, too wimpy to take the pain - whatever. Geez, why didn't Spielman just tell Bridgewater he had a trade arranged for Bradford last August? Do you think with a "dose of Bradford" that wimp would have hauled his butt out of that cushy hospital bed and got back on the field asap instead of taking a 14 month paid vacation??
No, I wasn't "Sam bashing", but nice misleading rant anyway. 

I just meant that competition for something you really want sometimes makes you "rush" your decisions.  I think having a healthy Teddy back could absolutely make Sam want to see the field quicker than if Case was the only other available QB.
OK, maybe you didn't mean to bash Sam. But be careful - regardless of intent, you described Bridgewater's presence as "doses" - suggesting that it is, in fact, the treatment he needs, not legitimate medicine. And if you think Sam being anxious will "help that ailing knee",  aren't you saying he might not be anxious enough to want to play unless he thinks he could be replaced?

Injuries are real physical problems and can't be cured by "mind over matter". I'm pretty sure Bradford knows his job as starter, his next contract, and his future in the NFL are all hanging in the balance right now. If he didn't get it or didn't care, I doubt if the sight of rehabbing Bridgewater would wake him up.

After last season, Bradford doesn't need to prove his toughness to me,  Teddy has to now

Whoever is healthy.  Case will be ready if there are any problems. 

I wish some of our insiders would drop a hint or 2   B)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/10/16...iling-knee
That's not a good sign. That treatment is highly questionable and seems like the type of thing an athlete falls for when they are getting desperate. I'd love to see Sam get healthy, but that makes me concerned that he's still going to be out for a while. Plays of a hell of a game against the Saints and suffers an injury that wasn't clear during the game, what a rough break for him.

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
After last season, Bradford doesn't need to prove his toughness to me,  Teddy has to now
Teddy played behind a nearly equally bad line the previous year and took many beatings himself.  If you are saying Sam has earned some respect in the tough guy department for his resiliency,  Teddy's track record has certainly earned him some a well.

Can't help but think Sam is desperate to get on the field.  This particular injury could be the end of his career, he just may be too fragile to be a player in this league.  This is a hard physical issue of nature, not a subjective bad attitude type of setback.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Can't help but think Sam is desperate to get on the field.  This particular injury could be the end of his career, he just may be too fragile to be a player in this league.  This is a hard physical issue of nature, not a subjective bad attitude type of setback.  
He's taken some poundings in his short career,  I don't know if fragile is the best word,  not everybody can be favre...most arent.

I have to say that his facial expressions during the sideline shots of that bears game might have been of a man facing some hard truths internally.  I would love to have him back,  but this situation certainly seems to be much more than we initially were hearing.