Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam vs Teddy Revisited
Its not a debate...what bothers me is the Pro Teddy fan boys who will flat out lie about his accomplishments, stats, Bradford's stats, Teddy's injury...its comical..I know these guys should be dismissed as their collective football IQ wouldn't reach room temperature...but it still annoys me...

The Vikes need to trade Bridgewater while he still has some value. A 1 and a 2 should do it.

Lol

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Its not a debate...what bothers me is the Pro Teddy fan boys who will flat out lie about his accomplishments, stats, Bradford's stats, Teddy's injury...its comical..I know these guys should be dismissed as their collective football IQ wouldn't reach room temperature...but it still annoys me...
Yep. I love Teddy as much as anyone.....but I have 2 eyes that see....and a functioning, logical brain.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The brutal truth is we've never seen a game from Teddy like we did from Sam on MNF. I don't think he has that kind of passing ability. Bradford is just a more talented passer. 
I get the point and agree in short. But I dont know if its "brutal truth" as much as we never saw games like that from Bridgewater in the infancy of his career.  

But the promise was something like that in years to come. I mean he's only 24? Started just 2 seasons? 

If Teddy doesnt come back, or come back here - there will always be a question of his ceiling vs Sam's.  I hope Sam has a hell of a year. Means we're getting back to double digit wins. 

That said, I think the Steelers are going to bring Viking nation back from giddiness this week...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
The brutal truth is we've never seen a game from Teddy like we did from Sam on MNF. I don't think he has that kind of passing ability. Bradford is just a more talented passer. 
I get the point and agree in short. But I dont know if its "brutal truth" as much as we never saw games like that from Bridgewater in the infancy of his career.  

But the promise was something like that in years to come. I mean he's only 24? Started just 2 seasons? 

If Teddy doesnt come back, or come back here - there will always be a question of his ceiling vs Sam's.  I hope Sam has a hell of a year. Means we're getting back to double digit wins. 

That said, I think the Steelers are going to bring Viking nation back from giddiness this week...
Of course, they will play a superior team than NO on the road. Tough matchup for the best of teams. Especially early in the year. You know how this goes in social media land: fans make too big a deal over a win and too devastated by a loss. Bi-polar.

Quote: @dukes said:
The Vikes need to trade Bridgewater while he still has some value. A 1 and a 2 should do it.
No doubt! To one of those teams that were allegedly lining up to offer a Herschel Walker deal for Peterson a couple years ago.

The Steelers were ranked 16th in passing defense last year. There should really be no reason why we cant beat them on the road. We have a SB team that is capable of being great and these are the games that we need to win to make a statement.
The NO game was fun and all but we should have beat them. Sam played phenomenal and he should be able to take a team like we have into Pittsburg and attack a defense that can be passed on.   

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Didn't you already take your shots on this matter in another thread?   No reason to belittle those of a different opinion than yours.  

Quote: @dukes said:
The bad part is that Teddy won't recover his trade value until he proves he can play in a game. That may not happen this year.