Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade deadline Nov. 5th
IOL or IDL.... other than that my first round pick is not for sale. in either case I want guys in their mid 20s ( just reaching their primes ) and preferably on the end of their rookie deals, although the right multi year 2nd contract could be in consideration for the right player. I dont want rentals or somebody that is more talk than walk, somebody that has shown solid play and growth over their first few years, not a splash type of guy that maybe just had 1 lucky year and is now coasting.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

I just can't see the Giants trading Lawrence, but the Titans moving Simmons..I could see. That would be a great addition for us. A force on our defensive interior would really make this defense formidable.

Another guy who might be of interest is DeForest Buckner in Indy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(9 hours ago)The MaroonBells Wrote: VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage
According to @DWolfsonKSTP
, he believes the splash will be “pretty big” at the trade deadline for the #Vikings, he stated on
@SKORNorth

Minnesota is “absolutely having discussion” about trades around the league, and he would be shocked if they don’t complete any sort of trade before this year’s deadline on 11/5. Wolfson is lead to believe Minnesota has to “at least consider” putting their first round pick on the table.

There are rampant rumors on Twitter that the Vikes are trading for Matt Stafford ?

Ive read the Stafford speculation for a while now - I just dont see them having to make a move when Darnold has been far more then serviceable.

Now as far as that DT? For the right guy I would dance a jig - cause that really would move the D into a higher level (and its plenty good now)

Would allow us to concentrate on D backfield next year. We got lots of guys on 1 year contracts.

(5 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: Ive read the Stafford speculation for a while now - I just dont see them having to make a move when Darnold has been far more then serviceable.

Now as far as that DT? For the right guy I would dance a jig - cause that really would move the D into a higher level (and its plenty good now)

Would allow us to concentrate on D backfield next year. We got lots of guys on 1 year contracts.
Agreed. If you can land a pro bowl level DT, you do it.

I'm not sure Lawrence or Simmons would draw more than a 1st. Maybe a 1st and something coming back. Those guys have $90M contracts that tend to keep draft comp down a bit. And they don't really play a premium position like QB, CB or Edge. Maybe a 1st and get a 4th back?

(5 hours ago)CFIAvike Wrote: There are rampant rumors on Twitter that the Vikes are trading for Matt Stafford ?

I think that's Florio, which is all you need to know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post: