Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade deadline Nov. 5th
Rumors flying that teams are calling the Browns about Myles Garrett. Edge isn't exactly our biggest need, but that's a helluva player. Right now the Vikings have a 1st rounder and two 5ths. That's it. We'll likely get a 3rd round comp pick, but would you give up our precious 1st rounder for a player like Garrett? If nothing else, to keep him away from the Lions, whom I'd bet are one of the teams calling. 

Dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons are also getting some buzz. I think Jeffery Simmons might be the better fit for us since he plays one of the DE positions in a 3-4, where we currently have Bullard and Tillery.

I think the Lions will make a move on the DL...

Boy, I would love to add some push/beef to our IDL. But with so few draft assets, I just dont see it happening. I think they roll with what they got.

VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage
According to @DWolfsonKSTP
, he believes the splash will be “pretty big” at the trade deadline for the #Vikings, he stated on
@SKORNorth

Minnesota is “absolutely having discussion” about trades around the league, and he would be shocked if they don’t complete any sort of trade before this year’s deadline on 11/5. Wolfson is lead to believe Minnesota has to “at least consider” putting their first round pick on the table.

The only player out there I see the Vikings giving up their first rounder for would be Dexter Lawrence IMO.

Not sure I see the Vikings doing anything, but.....

If the right deal comes along, the Vikings' brass might subscribe to the idea that a proven commodity is worth more than potential (draft picks). Redskins' George Allen used to trade every draft pick that he could in order to obtain players that were already proven in the league, but that was before the modern era salary cap.

If we add help defensively I could see DLs Lawrence or Simmons. Adding one of them would eliminate the need to take a DL in the 1st next year, because I'm sure that's what it would cost us. Both are 26, 27, Simmons contract is a smidge higher. Same with corner if they look there. I think it would have to be a young guy who would eliminate the draft need. Greg Newsome's name has been mentioned. Browns, 24, former 1st rounder, but hasn't played very well.

On offense the only position I can see adding is RB. Travis Etienne is probably available, but how good is he really? Cooper Kupp is interesting with his connection to KOC, as is Diontae Johnson, but do we need a WR? Adam Thielen would be a feel-good story, but that's about all it would be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(8 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Not sure I see the Vikings doing anything, but.....

Thought the same thing but Wolfson has inside info. He is pretty accurate when he posts stuff like this.

Lawrence would cost more than 1 first, but he is worth more than that. That would be reminiscent of a Reggie white type trade, not quite that level, but he would vault our line to much greater heights.

(Today, 09:20 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Rumors flying that teams are calling the Browns about Myles Garrett. Edge isn't exactly our biggest need, but that's a helluva player. Right now the Vikings have a 1st rounder and two 5ths. That's it. We'll likely get a 3rd round comp pick, but would you give up our precious 1st rounder for a player like Garrett? If nothing else, to keep him away from the Lions, whom I'd bet are one of the teams calling. 

Dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons are also getting some buzz. I think Jeffery Simmons might be the better fit for us since he plays one of the DE positions in a 3-4, where we currently have Bullard and Tillery.

Absolutely, but I agree with some on the board that for him or D. Lawrence it most likely would take more than a first. Teams trading with the Lions or Vikings will know that the first round pick they get will most likely be 25-32.