Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Davante Adams to the Jets
Sounds like the Brown’s Amari Cooper is going to the Bills…

Lot of talk after trading Adams that the Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Lions could make a move for Maxx Crosby after losing Hutchinson. Price tag would be a minimum of two 1st round draft picks. Mark Davis came out and said Crosby "isn't going anywhere" but this could be a situation to monitor. Crosby is from Michigan and went to college there

(10-15-2024, 08:52 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Lot of talk after trading Adams that the Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Lions could make a move for Maxx Crosby after losing Hutchinson. Price tag would be a minimum of two 1st round draft picks. Mark Davis came out and said Crosby "isn't going anywhere" but this could be a situation to monitor. Crosby is from Michigan and went to college there

Crosby's contract is $28 million for next year and Hutch is in the final year of his rookie contract so he's about to get paid as well. Not sure the Lions want over $60+ million tied up in 2 DE contracts. Goff is at $32 million for 2025 and that jumps to a cap hit of almost $70 million for 2026. I guess they could swing for the fences right now, and the cap seems to be very malleable to accommodate things that don't seem possible, so I won't say it can't happen.

(10-16-2024, 05:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Crosby's contract is $28 million for next year and Hutch is in the final year of his rookie contract so he's about to get paid as well. Not sure the Lions want over $60+ million tied up in 2 DE contracts. Goff is at $32 million for 2025 and that jumps to a cap hit of almost $70 million for 2026. I guess they could swing for the fences right now, and the cap seems to be very malleable to accommodate things that don't seem possible, so I won't say it can't happen.

I think the Lions window is now though, and that was a gruesome injury Hutch suffered. Does he come back as the same type player and when does he return? Sometimes guys don't make it back physically (see Lewis Cine). I have no doubt the Lions will make some type of move. Will it be a "swing for the fences" kind of move, like trading for Crosby, remains to be seen.

For the ladies on the board.....I know this is a tough decision, take your time. But how do you choose between these two studs? You can't go wrong either way, really. 

[Image: cb2h4CFW?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(10-15-2024, 08:52 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Lot of talk after trading Adams that the Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Lions could make a move for Maxx Crosby after losing Hutchinson. Price tag would be a minimum of two 1st round draft picks. Mark Davis came out and said Crosby "isn't going anywhere" but this could be a situation to monitor. Crosby is from Michigan and went to college there

I don't think a rebuild necessarily means you get rid of all your good players.  I think with Adams, you look at him being 32 and think that he'll probably be 34 and not worth his contract once the Raiders re-enter their competitive window.  Crosby at 27, would probably still be productive and worth his contract.

(10-16-2024, 11:49 AM)medaille Wrote: I don't think a rebuild necessarily means you get rid of all your good players.  I think with Adams, you look at him being 32 and think that he'll probably be 34 and not worth his contract once the Raiders re-enter their competitive window.  Crosby at 27, would probably still be productive and worth his contract.

I guess it just depends on where they realistically see themselves as being contenders. You look at that roster and they have a lot of holes (including not having a winning option at quarterback) and not a lot of building block type players. It might be wise for them to move Crosby for maximum value now. I doubt it happens but it will be worth monitoring

(10-16-2024, 01:26 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I guess it just depends on where they realistically see themselves as being contenders. You look at that roster and they have a lot of holes (including not having a winning option at quarterback) and not a lot of building block type players. It might be wise for them to move Crosby for maximum value now. I doubt it happens but it will be worth monitoring

I kind of feel like no one is down for 3 year, burn it to the ground rebuilding plans, which is what I imagine happens if they’re getting rid of 2 of their best players.

Their GM is probably getting fired if he goes to Mark Davis and suggests he needs 3 years to fix this thing.

Who knows what they’re thinking though.  It was pretty nuts of them to not try and trade up for a QB this past year.

(10-16-2024, 03:35 PM)medaille Wrote: I kind of feel like no one is down for 3 year, burn it to the ground rebuilding plans, which is what I imagine happens if they’re getting rid of 2 of their best players.

Their GM is probably getting fired if he goes to Mark Davis and suggests he needs 3 years to fix this thing.

Who knows what they’re thinking though.  It was pretty nuts of them to not try and trade up for a QB this past year.

You know I thought I heard they tried and had no takers....But then again, my memory aint what it was.

(10-16-2024, 03:35 PM)medaille Wrote: I kind of feel like no one is down for 3 year, burn it to the ground rebuilding plans, which is what I imagine happens if they’re getting rid of 2 of their best players.

But they are probably realistically 3 years away from contending anyways if you look at their roster. That puts Crosby on the other side of 30 and how many more wins is he worth a season by retaining him? Just glad it's not the Vikings having to figure stuff like that out.