Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I don't want to ring this bell....but I'm going to ring it a little bit
Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Kevin O’Connell: "As you look back at it, there were some opportunities in the pass game. It's an all-11 thing."

The more game videos I've seen this week of different views, different plays, etc. the more I see Darnold doing a mini-shit of the bed. 2.5 quarters of that Jets game was vintage old Sam Darnold. He played skittish and more concerning, I saw a few times him being afraid to pull the trigger on some throws. His progressions narrowed and so did his vision. KOC's quote above is about Darnold, but he's not going to say that. 

I'm not saying Sam won't put this game behind or he won't play well, but I will say he opened the door to some low level whispering. The bye week should be a good thing for Darnold. The Detroit game will be the perfect time to reestablish himself and show it was just a lesser-than game and he's moved on. U.S. Bank will be ROCKIN'. Who's the better team in the NFCN? KOC just said Aaron Jones is week to week, but its not a season ending type thing. Fingers crossed he's back for the Lions. 

But I hope I'm not seeing the beginning of the end of Sammy's run. Good guy, hard worker and talented. But he was available for a reason. Very glad that McCarthy is in the hopper.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

If Jones has to miss games and we are stuck with Ty Chandler as RB1, we are in some trouble. That was the worst I have seen Chandler play. He looked hesitant and slow. I know the Jets' D is very good, but that was bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadevike's post:

But I was told it was all bad play calling...

On a serious note though, Darnold missed Addison and JJ on some big plays 1 v 1. We got bailed out on a some DPIs. He was late on more than a few throws.

Darnold has performed well against some tough defenses to start the year, but he had a bad game against the Jets. Also hurt when Aaron Jones left because we were constantly behind the sticks and the one big run Chandler had was called back by an illegal shift or something.

Hopefully it was just an off day for the offense after a long week of travel to London against a good defense and not a sign of Darnold starting to cool down.

Detroit is gettable in the secondary but their pass rush is good. Hutchinson is a beast and they got a few other guys that will be a handful on the inside.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(9 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: But I was told it was all bad play calling...

Yeah, I know some fans want to take that route, but its usually not ever that. Its the execution. A well executed play is always popular, just by definition because its successful. But like KOC has mentioned, you strategize and the results don't always follow in a small sample size, but will over a larger one. Basic probabilities. But players still need to execute or even the most amazing gameplans won't cut it. 

Guys were open on Sunday and sometimes Darnold missed them. More than he has all year.....probably by a large margin. But as I mentioned, its a small sample size right now (one game). But he has also has a history of playing well and then coming unglued. Not sure what it means yet.

His completion % before and after he took the shot that knocked him out for a play tells us something.

4/5 prior 80%
10/26 after 38%

I think he was affected by it.
[-] The following 3 users Like comet52's post:

(11 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Kevin O’Connell: "As you look back at it, there were some opportunities in the pass game. It's an all-11 thing."

The more game videos I've seen this week of different views, different plays, etc. the more I see Darnold doing a mini-shit of the bed. 2.5 quarters of that Jets game was vintage old Sam Darnold. He played skittish and more concerning, I saw a few times him being afraid to pull the trigger on some throws. His progressions narrowed and so did his vision. KOC's quote above is about Darnold, but he's not going to say that. 

I'm not saying Sam won't put this game behind or he won't play well, but I will say he opened the door to some low level whispering. The bye week should be a good thing for Darnold. The Detroit game will be the perfect time to reestablish himself and show it was just a lesser-than game and he's moved on. U.S. Bank will be ROCKIN'. Who's the better team in the NFCN? KOC just said Aaron Jones is week to week, but its not a season ending type thing. Fingers crossed he's back for the Lions. 

But I hope I'm not seeing the beginning of the end of Sammy's run. Good guy, hard worker and talented. But he was available for a reason. Very glad that McCarthy is in the hopper.

He missed several wide open receivers in London. But again, we all knew he would. The question is...will he bounce back from it? All QBs miss open receivers. Last week I watched a good 12 minute breakdown of Bad Patrick not seeing wide open receivers. Bad Kirk misses 'em too. The difference between those guys and Darnold is they've proven themselves capable of bouncing back from bad games. Can Bad Sam? We'll see.

(11 hours ago)dadevike Wrote: If Jones has to miss games and we are stuck with Ty Chandler as RB1, we are in some trouble. That was the worst I have seen Chandler play. He looked hesitant and slow. I know the Jets' D is very good, but that was bad.

Aaron Jones is the better back and we'll be a better team with him out there, but I think people are overreacting about Chandler. Not so much here, but the kids on Twitter were all kinds of surly. 

Chandler's ineffectiveness had more to do with the Jets adjusting to what we were doing than anything else. They played much better defense against us after the first few series. Chandler did fumble a pitch, but in 150 carries this was his first fumble. He also had 8.2 yards per carry a few weeks ago against San Francisco and a long run against the Jets that was called back due to penalty. 

Chandler is in no way slow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(9 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: But I was told it was all bad play calling...

On a serious note though, Darnold missed Addison and JJ on some big plays 1 v 1. We got bailed out on a some DPIs. He was late on more than a few throws.

Darnold has performed well against some tough defenses to start the year, but he had a bad game against the Jets. Also hurt when Aaron Jones left because we were constantly behind the sticks and the one big run Chandler had was called back by an illegal shift or something.

Hopefully it was just an off day for the offense after a long week of travel to London against a good defense and not a sign of Darnold starting to cool down.

Detroit is gettable in the secondary but their pass rush is good. Hutchinson is a beast and they got a few other guys that will be a handful on the inside.

No, no you werent. Play calling as well as several other things we listed as possible issues.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Darnold has a history of hot starts and petering out.

So do the Vikings as a franchise.

I think the game against Detroit will be a good measuring stick. Just hoping for a healthy Jones (which it sounds) may not be possible by then.

(7 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: Darnold has a history of hot starts and petering out.

So do the Vikings as a franchise.

I think the game against Detroit will be a good measuring stick. Just hoping for a healthy Jones (which it sounds) may not be possible by then.
It's a team sport and I think the team will be fine. People need to give the Jets defense some credit. They are very good. Jones has great vision , great hands and can catch out of the backfield. Chandler has good vision and will probably play on first and second downs if Jones can't go. Ham will probably be the third down back. But Chandler has great burst of speed and should do well.
This team may falter here and there. But I don't see them letting off the gas as the schedule is about to become more favorable after they win the Detroit game!
[-] The following 2 users Like hogjowlsjohnny's post: