Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vikings @ Packers
(Yesterday, 11:27 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Should be a good game, but the Packers need this one more than we do. I could see the Vikings dropping one here.

Interesting thing is that the Packers defense is playing well, but guess who isn't? Kenny Clark. He has a 37 PFF grade through three weeks. He ranks 117th of 124 IDLs. It will be interesting to see if that continues, or he continues to victimize Bradbury and Ingram like he has so often in the past.

Another thing that scares me is their running game. Until the Vikings stopped it (or the 49ers abandoned it), the 49ers were pulling off 8 to 10 yard chunk gains with Jordan Mason. Can the Vikings stop Josh Jacobs?

I think everything else favors us in this one.

Yup, I could see this as the first L too. 

This was discussed in another thread. I dont think Love will play which means the running qb. I dont think Jaire Alexander will play, he's questionable right now. 

A win for the home team means their D did a good job on Sam I am, Jacobs has a big game and they make it easy on their qb with jet sweeps, crossers and short/quick throws. 

I aint touching this one from a betting standpoint.

I've been thinking with all the praise KOC has drawn in NFL circles recently that LaFleur is going to have something to prove in this one. Then you have the JJ/JA and Alexander drama, the Aaron Jones return. If you're not excited about this one you should probably check your pulse.

[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(Yesterday, 03:27 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I've been thinking with all the praise KOC has drawn in NFL circles recently that LaFleur is going to have something to prove in this one. Then you have the JJ/JA and Alexander drama, the Aaron Jones return.  If you're not excited about this one you should probably check your pulse.

I dont think Alexander is going to play, but I agree about the coaches...

I'd add that Campbell deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as LaFleur and KOC...He does it his way, with a D lens, but he's done a nice job with that franchise.

Vikings/Lions games will be as epic as Vikings/Pack going forward. Least for a while.

(Yesterday, 04:29 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I dont think Alexander is going to play, but I agree about the coaches...

I'd add that Campbell deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as LaFleur and KOC...He does it his way, with a D lens, but he's done a nice job with that franchise.

Vikings/Lions games will be as epic as Vikings/Pack going forward. Least for a while.

I think Addison is going to have a big game. Jefferson, Addison and Speedy in the 3 WRer set?? Mmmmhmmm.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952m7rhjuntfr3ycbz32ka...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

24-17 Vikes.

2 stout teams. Green Bay is younger and more ballyhooed, but I think our vets outsmart and outplay them.

[Image: Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg]

Vikings have been able to dominate by making big plays early. If that continues they won't lose. This team is built to play with the lead. But if we get down it could be a different story. All the hype has been on Aaron Jones, but I think Chandler breaks out in this one. Sam has a downish day, but connects with Addison on a long TD, Chandler scores and Reichard does the rest. 

Close one: Vikings 23 Packers 20

Never been to Lambeau or Green Bay before, but this video makes it look like the stadium is smack dab in the middle of a small town residential area. Bi-friggin-zarre.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I havent been to LAmblow since their last stadium re-hab, but been their a bunch over the years b4 that.

Always a hoot for me as my dad's side is from Appleton, WI and we found ourselves in that part of the world a lot in my youth..

No predictions from me today, this one could go either way...

GO VIKES!

Here’s a preview of the 128th meeting between the two rivals on Sunday:

The biggest story line
Rivals, reinvented: The Vikings and the Packers have both gone through some major changes this year; Green Bay turned to a read-option run game with Malik Willis replacing Love for two games, while the Vikings have built a better rushing attack behind former Packers running back Aaron Jones. The Vikings defense is the talk of the league under Brian Flores; the Packers had eight sacks last week with former Boston College coach Jeff Hafley calling plays. The first matchup between the two teams could have a more physical feel than we have seen from the Vikings and Packers in recent years, especially if Minnesota can replicate the success the Eagles had against the Green Bay run defense in Week 1.

Vikings offense vs. Packers defense
Jefferson is ready; will Alexander be? The rivalry between Justin Jefferson and Jaire Alexander has spiked in recent years, and Jefferson had more pointed comments than he typically makes when talking about the cornerback this week. The fact Alexander did not practice Friday, and showed up on the injury report with a groin injury to go with the quadriceps injury that had already limited him, could throw into doubt whether he will be ready to face Jefferson on Sunday. If he’s not, the Vikings receiver could be in for a big day against a Packers cornerback group that’s struggled to contain him in the past.
Can Vikings protect Darnold? Through three games, the Vikings have done solid work in pass protection against three talented fronts, though the Texans sacked Darnold four times last week. Christian Darrisaw and Brian O’Neill, who’ve been impressive against a formidable slate of edge rushers this season, get Rashan Gary, Preston Smith and Lukas Van Ness on Sunday. But the Packers interior might be the bigger challenge: Kenny Clark has had some of his best days against the Vikings, while Devonte Wyatt, the team’s first-round pick in 2022, has three sacks in Green Bay’s past two games.

Vikings defense vs. Packers offense
Love or Willis? Vikings will find out: The Packers listed Love as questionable for the second straight week, though the quarterback participated in all three practices. Green Bay will likely shield its intentions as long as it can, given how much its offense differs from Love to Willis. If Love does return, expect the Packers to play more of a dropback game than they have with Willis. Teams haven’t been able to push the ball downfield against the Vikings this season, and Flores’ scheme could make it difficult for the Packers to do so if they can’t decipher coverages in time. They could resort to the quick passing game teams have used against the Vikings this year, particularly with wide receiver Jayden Reed.
Jacobs leads muscular run game: Green Bay — the home of quarterbacks for more than three decades — leads the NFL in both rushing yards and attempts? Some of that is a function of Love’s injury forcing Packers coach Matt LaFleur to adapt, but Green Bay has shown more interest in running the ball this year after bringing in Josh Jacobs to replace Jones. The Vikings have the NFL’s second-ranked run defense while playing mostly with a lead this season; they will have to be stout against Jacobs and Emanuel Wilson. Center Josh Myers, who has been dealing with a shoulder injury, is worth watching here in his matchup with Harrison Phillips.

Prediction
Young quarterbacks haven’t fared well against Flores’ defense this season. Whether it’s Love or Willis at QB for the Packers, the game could hinge on whether Green Bay can solve the Vikings’ schemes well enough to score points. Hafley, who coached with Kevin O’Connell in Cleveland, has a talented front that has been able to get pressure without blitzing so far this season, and the Vikings will have their hands full especially with pressure up the middle. But Alexander’s status could tip things in the Vikings’ favor, and Jones will likely be eager for a big day against his old teammates. 

The Vikings are the healthier team, and they’ll remain undefeated with a close win on Sunday. Vikings 23, Packers 20

Source: Startribune

Darnold to Addison, nice

Something is very wrong,  the refs are calling penalties on the Packers. I guess they didn't get the memo?

Wow, great block by JJetts for Addison to score.

2 missed field goals by the Packers.  Does anyone feel sorry for them?
[-] The following 2 users Like FLVike's post:

(6 hours ago)FLVike Wrote: Darnold to Addison,  nice

Something is very wrong,  the refs are calling penalties on the Packers. I guess they didn't get the memo?

Wow, great block by JJetts for Addison to score.

2 missed field goals by the Packers.  Does anyone feel sorry for them?

Nope!

My wife just came into the room and looked at the tv and said, “I don’t want to say this too loud, but the Vikings are good!”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riphawkins's post:

Wow, Darnold,  perfect throw to JJetts for a TD.

Nailer, use your head boy, just let the punt go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post: