Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vikings @ Packers
Vegas has increased the spread to 3 for the puke.

(09-27-2024, 05:57 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Vegas has increased the spread to 3 for the puke.

Yep, I think the Vegas boys feel Green Bay is going to be able to run the football. And they might. San Fran had some big holes open in the run game. I still think the interior D-line is still suspect and could be exploited. Might be the first game where Minnesota gets behind early. Going to be really interesting to watch on several fronts.

(09-26-2024, 08:19 AM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: I'll be out of town the rest of this week and next. Going fishing in the SD glacial lakes region around Webster SD. So I will make my score prediction early.
27-19 Vikings win.

Good luck, im seeing a fair number of boats out on most all area lakes, doesnt seem to be any one lake getting a lot of pressure and havent heard of any hot bites. Weve been pretty warm lately ( still hitting upper 80s this week) so i dont think that hot fall bite has turned on yet that is typically triggered by the cooler weather arriving. Looks like a dry front coming in Monday so that might trigger something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

Time for my "FUCK THE PACKERS" post.
[-] The following 6 users Like 1VikesFan's post:

The Vikings pass rush will be at full strength on Sunday at Lambeau Field, where they’ll be chasing around either Packers quarterback Jordan Love or Malik Willis.

Rookie first-round edge rusher Dallas Turner will return from a one-game absence due to a Grade 1 right knee sprain. He was a full participant in Friday’s practice, when the Vikings put the finishing touches on two game plans: one for Love, the Packers starter who is listed questionable, and one for Willis, the mobile newcomer who has thrown for over 300 yards and run for another 100 across two winning starts.

“[Brian] Flores always emphasizes how unique of a group we are, so he kind of raised the expectations and stuff with the load of plays and all the stuff we put in,” Turner said. “But we have the right group of guys that can handle it.”

Flores, calling plays for the NFL’s second-ranked scoring defense so far, commended the job by Packers head coach Matt LaFleur to switch up offensive styles and have success with Willis after Love sustained a knee injury in the season opener. Green Bay transitioned to a diverse, run-heavy system under Willis that forces the Vikings to prep for more schemes.

“You essentially plan for two call sheets,” Flores said, “but without overloading the players.”

“I don’t think it’s being talked enough about what’s going on over there,” Flores added. “For Matt to go in his bag and be a west coast [system] guy, and turn around and he’s got this whole zone read, [run-pass option], counter read, I mean that’s pretty impressive.”

The Vikings had different players take the roles of Love and Willis on the scout teams.

“Getting different looks in practice,” Turner said. “Trying to get a feel for what to expect from each quarterback.”

Source: Startribune

(09-27-2024, 07:42 AM)1VikesFan Wrote: Time for my "FUCK THE PACKERS" post.

What is a Packer anyway? For 55 years I never knew.

(09-27-2024, 05:49 PM)FLVike Wrote: What is a Packer anyway? For 55 years I never knew.

The Acme Meat Packing Company closed in June 1943 because of supply shortages related to World War II; it did not reopen after the war. 
The company gave its name to the Green Bay Packers.

Source: Google

I have to wonder if the "GTD" regarding Love is less about his recovery, and more about "it's a long season, and the Vikings are leading the league in sacks".

So...yeah, I won't be shocked if they take the "bubble wrap" option for him, and for Jaire as well.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Confidence is still high

Vikings  27
Packers 17
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

Should be a good game, but the Packers need this one more than we do. I could see the Vikings dropping one here.

Interesting thing is that the Packers defense is playing well, but guess who isn't? Kenny Clark. He has a 37 PFF grade through three weeks. He ranks 117th of 124 IDLs. It will be interesting to see if that continues, or he continues to victimize Bradbury and Ingram like he has so often in the past.

Another thing that scares me is their running game. Until the Vikings stopped it (or the 49ers abandoned it), the 49ers were pulling off 8 to 10 yard chunk gains with Jordan Mason. Can the Vikings stop Josh Jacobs?

I think everything else favors us in this one.