Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I agree
As much as this sounds/feels like a cop-out, it's also the best "truth" I think we'll find:

KOC, his staff, and the other players will ultimately make the decision for KAM. If JJM is showing full-on depth with the playbook and chemistry/timing with the players...at or better the same level as Darnold...yeah, we might let Sam go. However, if what's going well keeps building? JJM is, and should be, riding the pine as the hot hand gets an extension.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

JJM may be the first bench player in history to get Wally Pipped by the starter.

as much as we all love the concept of a rookie QB to watch and cheer for as he learns the game... its equally likely that he may travel the same path as SD and if the light ever does click for him, it may be several years and teams down the road, do you throw away everything that is building this year and start over, or if we continue to be successful ( even if they come up short once again ) do you stay the course 1 more year and at least see if there is more growth with Sam? I tend to dance with who brung ya, as long as he is self aware of the situation enough to not try and hold them hostage on an extension, I dont care who it is, I never again want to see a player have the leverage that KC had on the franchise.

with all that said... its only been 3 games, hell we had a short run last season like this with 2 QBs that arent even on the team anymore.

I trust the FO to make the right decision
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

(4 hours ago)pattersaur Wrote: I trust the FO to make the right decision

Me too

(6 hours ago)JimmyinSD Wrote: JJM may be the first bench player in history to get Wally Pipped by the starter.

as much as we all love the concept of a rookie QB to watch and cheer for as he learns the game... its equally likely that he may travel the same path as SD and if the light ever does click for him,  it may be several years and teams down the road,  do you throw away everything that is building this year and start over,  or if we continue to be successful ( even if they come up short once again ) do you stay the course 1 more year and at least see if there is more growth with Sam?  I tend to dance with who brung ya, as long as he is self aware of the situation enough to not try and hold them hostage on an extension,  I dont care who it is, I never again want to see a player have the leverage that KC had on the franchise.

with all that said... its only been 3 games,  hell we had a short run last season like this with 2 QBs that arent even on the team anymore.

I get what you're saying but we don't see practice and how these guys work.  The way Kevin O'Connell talks about JJ, he KNOWS...  he flat out said we have our young franchise guy.  Maybe Darnold is our Next Gen Case Keenum.  Right guy, right coach, right team, right time.  Might never plays this well again. Lots of season left.  One thing I'm pretty certain of is JJ will be our starter sooner rather than later.  Just not this year.