Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Purple Hive on D
Matthew Coller
@MatthewColler
·
9h
Stephon Gilmore described the Vikings' defense this way: "Unselfish. A lot of guys that love playing with each other. We trust each other, we communicate, we play hard, we tackle, we create turnovers. It’s fun playing with a lot of guys who don’t care who makes the play."
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

That's the key on defense. Especially when you have the kind of talent the Vikings have in this group. Eventually everyone will get theirs.

I'll also say, the entire team has been playing some great complimentary football. By that, I mean the defense has given the offense some short fields early with turnovers and 3 and outs and the offense has capitalized by getting touchdowns instead of FGs when we're in the red zone. Building those early leads let's the defense continue to feast and by half time we've made the other team one dimensional and Greenard, Gink, Jones II, and Ward can all feast on QBs.

It's a beautiful thing. Big test next week against Green Bay. If Love is back, he has the arm to exploit our secondary deep. But if his mobility is limited, I can see our defense teeing off on him. La Fleur is a good coach and I expect he'll have some wrinkles to try to protect whoever they have at QB and limit our pass rush. Defense just needs to keep playing unselfish football.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

Interesting the Vikings have won the toss in all three victories and have chosen to defer in all three, putting their defense on the field to open the game and getting the ball after the half. I've always felt this was a nice little advantage. None of these games have been close enough for it to matter, but it can make a real difference if you shut down the opening drive and figure out a way to score at the end of the half.

BFlo + talent = killer defense

LaFleur is a good coach, he'll have some wrinkles for KOC/FLO.

Next 2 games are on the road, I would be happy to go 1:1

Adam Wexler
@AdamJWexler
·
17h
#Texans HC DeMeco Ryans on the 34-7 loss to Vikings: “They beat us up & down the field physically…we didn’t do anything to help ourselves, way too many penalties again. That starts w/ me, it’s too many penalties, back-to-back games over 10 penalties, that’s unacceptable.”

(5 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Adam Wexler
@AdamJWexler
·
17h
#Texans HC DeMeco Ryans on the 34-7 loss to Vikings: “They beat us up & down the field physically…we didn’t do anything to help ourselves, way too many penalties again. That starts w/ me, it’s too many penalties, back-to-back games over 10 penalties, that’s unacceptable.”

was I the only one wondering why they didnt pull Tunsil for a few plays to let him get his mental shit worked out? the refs were in his head and he was just a mess for that drive.

(6 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: LaFleur is a good coach, he'll have some wrinkles for KOC/FLO.

Next 2 games are on the road, I would be happy to go 1:1

Technically, London is a home game…!  Cool Angel

(5 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Adam Wexler
@AdamJWexler
·
17h

I don't think people are talking enough about how physical the Vikings have been. I first noticed this when watching the 49er highlights. The difference in physicality between the two teams was ridiculous. Vikings were flying around and generally ****ing people up and the 49ers looked like they didn't care...on both sides of the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(2 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: I don't think people are talking enough about how physical the Vikings have been. I first noticed this when watching the 49er highlights. The difference in physicality between the two teams was ridiculous. Vikings were flying around and generally ****ing people up and the 49ers looked like they didn't care...on both sides of the ball.

It’s now “our style of play!”   Hallelujah…!