Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murderapolis?
(09-11-2024, 11:08 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I have mixed feelings on it,  I think in their own neighborhoods, at a respectable decibel level it could be fine ( really no different than church bells that ring out occasionally in Christian communities)  however,  outside of those areas of strong Muslim majority... no,  I dont think we should have to listen to it in a part of the city that isnt heavily Muslim just to respect the wishes of a few.  Now if their churches start preaching terroristic or anti American rhetoric.. then they need to be shut down, but I feel that way about any "religious" entity that gets radicalized. ( of course who gets to decide how radical is to radical?)

Agreed...

I was cool with it then and now.

Conveniently (or by mistake), that part of the story gets left out of the telling too often.

honestly though, in this day and age... shouldnt there be an app for that and they can just get an alert on their phones?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(09-11-2024, 02:59 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: honestly though,  in this day and age... shouldnt there be an app for that and they can just get an alert on their phones?

[Image: 750x750bb.jpeg]

(09-11-2024, 07:43 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: [Image: 750x750bb.jpeg]

There you go, problem solved, no need for the noise polution. Church bell apps for the Christians and whatever that wailing noise is for the Muslims, and all thats left is for people to enjoy the sounds of a million vehicles and car alarms going off...oh and that fucking garbage truck back up alarm...do those guys ever get to that trash can or do they just drive in reverse all hours of the night?

(09-12-2024, 06:13 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: There you go, problem solved,  no need for the noise polution.  Church bell apps for the Christians and whatever that wailing noise is for the Muslims, and all thats left is for people to enjoy the sounds of a million vehicles and car alarms going off...oh and that fucking garbage truck back up alarm...do those guys ever get to that trash can or do they just drive in reverse all hours of the night?

The worst noise pollution today are leaf blowers. Everyone has a lawn service in our neighborhood and surrounding 'hoods so you hear the drone of blowers in the distance sporadically. I have one for cleaning up as well, so I get it, but man they can be loud. 

There's an Episcopal church about 5 blocks from my house in downtown Boca....you hear a church bell on the hour (2 bells at 2:00, 3 bells at 3:00 kind of thing). Its a nice faint thing to hear each hour if you are in the backyard/pool...to me that is a lot different than the Muslim Call to Prayer, which is 5 times a day and each one can last 10 to 15 minutes....and is actual prayer.

More and more I hear the hum of electric mowers in our neighborhood...

They're not silent, but boy they are quieter than gas.

Same with lawn implements. I am replacing all my gas with battery when the gas dies. Easier and cleaner, no gas and oil storage, gunked-up carburetors..

(09-12-2024, 10:21 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: More and more I hear the hum of electric mowers in our neighborhood...

They're not silent, but boy they are quieter than gas.

Same with lawn implements. I am replacing all my gas with battery when the gas dies. Easier and cleaner, no gas and oil storage, gunked-up carburetors..

I will never likely get away from a gas mower anytime soon, but ive gone to a lot of 80V electric yard tools and love them, however get learned up on battery safety. Overheated lion batteries are a major cause of fire, and of course most of us charge those things in the attached garage or basement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(09-12-2024, 04:45 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I will never likely get away from a gas mower anytime soon,  but ive gone to a lot of 80V electric yard tools and love them,  however get learned up on battery safety.  Overheated lion batteries are a major cause of fire,  and of course most of us charge those things in the attached garage or basement.

Yah, I know you gotta be careful charging. 

I run a John Deere X300 Series for Snow & Mow, so no electric grass cut for me in the forseable future 

My neighbor just got a beefy, walk behind EGo Mulcher and that thing is pretty awesome. Spendie too.