Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murderapolis?

I would suggest moving this to the other board Smile

While I believe the term originated here, I havent heard defund the police used in quite some time up in these parts. A terrible choice of words. Words that did not convey the true intent; evolution of how to manage crime beyond just policing.

I believe in Mpls they have been able to move the needle downwards when it comes to car-jackings and some other violent crimes. I like the current Mpls Police Chief and feel like he's got things trending the right way overall. .

They can blow-up the Mpls City Council tomorrow and I would not care one bit.

what story do we want to tell????

(NEXSTAR) – The U.S. may have fallen off the list of the happiest countries for the first time this year but that doesn’t mean there aren’t pockets of happy folks across the nation. In fact, 10 U.S. cities recently ranked among the happiest cities in the world.

Researchers with the Institute for Quality of Life, a London-based organization, recently released its latest ‘Happy City Index’ of the 250 happiest cities in the world. They analyzed various “indicators…that directly relate to the quality of life and the sense of happiness of its residents.”

Cities needed to have at least 300,000 inhabitants, though those “whose achievements distinguish them substantially from others, have been added,” researchers explained. They were all ranked based on five areas that “have a direct impact on happiness”: citizens, governance, environment, economy, and mobility.

Within those areas were 24 subcategories, like the city’s educational system and safety of the transportation system. All 250 cities were then put into one of three groups: golden, silver, and bronze rather than giving them a number ranking.

Sporting the highest overall score was Aarhus, Denmark, which just beat out Zurich, Switzerland.

The 17 highest-scoring cities all fell in Europe, specifically within Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Austria, and Iceland.

While Europe dominated the golden group, comprising 37 cities, one U.S. city made the coveted group: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Scoring highly among the economic category, Minneapolis narrowly edged out Basel, Switzerland.

https://www.ktsm.com/news/these-10-citie...eport/amp/#
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

The drama with all news media today is off the chart stupid, its why I asked. I hadn't heard crime in Minneapolis was worse than normal. Now I've heard places like LA and San Fran downtown is like the zombie apocalypse because of the drug use and homeless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(06-18-2024, 07:54 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I would suggest  moving this to the other board Smile

While I believe the term originated here, I havent heard defund the police used in quite some time up in these parts.  A terrible choice of words. Words that did not convey the true intent; evolution of how to manage crime beyond just policing.

I believe in Mpls they have been able to move the needle downwards when it comes to car-jackings and some other violent crimes. I like the current Mpls Police Chief and feel like he's got things trending the right way overall. .

They can blow-up the Mpls City Council tomorrow and I would not care one bit.

what story do we want to tell????

(NEXSTAR) – The U.S. may have fallen off the list of the happiest countries for the first time this year but that doesn’t mean there aren’t pockets of happy folks across the nation. In fact, 10 U.S. cities recently ranked among the happiest cities in the world.

Researchers with the Institute for Quality of Life, a London-based organization, recently released its latest ‘Happy City Index’ of the 250 happiest cities in the world. They analyzed various “indicators…that directly relate to the quality of life and the sense of happiness of its residents.”

Cities needed to have at least 300,000 inhabitants, though those “whose achievements distinguish them substantially from others, have been added,” researchers explained. They were all ranked based on five areas that “have a direct impact on happiness”: citizens, governance, environment, economy, and mobility.

Within those areas were 24 subcategories, like the city’s educational system and safety of the transportation system. All 250 cities were then put into one of three groups: golden, silver, and bronze rather than giving them a number ranking.

Sporting the highest overall score was Aarhus, Denmark, which just beat out Zurich, Switzerland.

The 17 highest-scoring cities all fell in Europe, specifically within Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Austria, and Iceland.

While Europe dominated the golden group, comprising 37 cities, one U.S. city made the coveted group: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Scoring highly among the economic category, Minneapolis narrowly edged out Basel, Switzerland.

https://www.ktsm.com/news/these-10-citie...eport/amp/#
Kind of depends upon which neighborhood you live in, which is true for all cities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

Homelessness is a big issue here too. Nobody has gotten a handle on it - or prioritizing the resources to address it long term. It hasn't happened in blue or red states.

I got a lot of "beefs" with my state and how its run...What doesnt get talked about with Mpls/St Paul broadly is the economic and prosperity delta between races.

Its as big a gap in my home state as anywhere in the US - might even be highest here.

There are not a lot of people of color in MN. There is a lot of despair out there and that ties right back into crime.

Back when I was in corporate america working for a big food cpg, we had a difficult time recruiting and keeping people of color. We tried hard, but many ended up leaving after 3-5 years.

(06-18-2024, 08:21 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Homelessness is a big issue here too.  Nobody has gotten a handle on it - or prioritizing the resources to address it long term. It hasn't happened in blue or red states.

I got a lot of "beefs" with my state and how its run...What doesnt get talked about with Mpls/St Paul broadly is the economic and prosperity delta between races.

Its as big a gap in my home state as anywhere in the US - might even be highest here.

There are not a lot of people of color in MN. There is a lot of despair out there and that ties right back into crime.

Back when I was in corporate america working for a big food cpg, we had a difficult time recruiting and keeping people of color. We tried hard, but many ended up leaving after 3-5 years.

I don't think I would use this as the standard.  While there's a few lifers around, my entire working career has been people leaving after 3-5 years.  We've been trained that there is no corporate loyalty anymore and that you make more money switching jobs than you do staying.
[-] The following 2 users Like medaille's post:

(06-18-2024, 09:08 AM)medaille Wrote: I don't think I would use this as the standard.  While there's a few lifers around, my entire working career has been people leaving after 3-5 years.  We've been trained that there is no corporate loyalty anymore and that you make more money switching jobs than you do staying.

This. If you are in the workforce and under the age of 40, its highly doubtful you'll be working at a company for 20+ years when its all said and done. Corporate America has never been worse than it is right now as far as 'loyalty' goes.....there is none.

(06-18-2024, 09:23 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: This. If you are in the workforce and under the age of 40, its highly doubtful you'll be working at a company for 20+ years when its all said and done. Corporate America has never been worse than it is right now as far as 'loyalty' goes.....there is none.

That's a two way street Sticky.  We've raised an entitled generation that places significantly lower value on respect for authority and the intrinsic value of a solid work ethic.  We did it for the right reasons...but in a lot of cases, it's not serving our children well as they grow into adulthood.

It's a brutal pattern, Minneapolis is just echoing what's been very prevalent in cities on the left coast: all of the mandatory woke-ness and decrying all consequences as "racist" or (the new favorite) "colonist" is boosting crime, getting criminals back on the streets faster, and basically destroying accountability.

The modern left, in its attempts to garner all bleeding hearts by winning every "acceptance" contest everywhere, have managed to boost overdoses, assaults, and even pro-Nazism (with an Iranian/"Palestinian" flair!) by making sense uncommon, by questioning anyone "hateful", and by demanding proof/results "colonized".

A few years ago, we had news stories on how grading math papers was racist in Seattle. They keep trying to open needle dispensaries near schools, and keep parents out of the loops when talking to the kids about switching genders.

Minneapolis is slower than the worst of the coastal idiot farms to become a total wasteland, but as someone who's worked across the street from tent cities full of rats and shrieking addicts in Seattle...I don't envy you what's coming. It's NOT pretty.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post: