Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go, the $hit gets real tomorrow night....
Thursday night kickoff game....Friday night on Peacock (booo), Saturday I watch Michigan get squashed by Texas and then NFL football Sunday, Week 1. My checklist:
  • Vikings flag: found in the garage
  • Costco run for vodka, Bloody Mary mix, Baileys, Prosecco and a nice single malt Scotch: done
  • Viking's jersey for the dog: found in my wife's closet
  • Wings, blue cheese dressing and onion dip: purchased
  • NFL Redzone: ordered (Hello again Scott Hanson!). Next year, back to the NFL Sunday Ticket with the Purple King.
  • Outdoor TV by the pool: still working great, check. 
  • Football day morning routine: priceless
  • Florida vote on recreational marijuana in November: fingers crossed! Wink

My excitement is building. C'mon Sammy, sling that rock baby!

[Image: Minnesota_Vikings_flag.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I've always felt that the Vikings opening day is the 2nd most anticipated sports event of the year (after draft day). I probably get more amped up for it than I do a playoff game.

Hoping for a little of that Sunday afternoon post-win euphoria that makes watching my fantasy players in the late window all the more enjoyable.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(09-04-2024, 09:41 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I've always felt that the Vikings opening day is the 2nd most anticipated sports event of the year (after draft day). I probably get more amped up for it than I do a playoff game.

Hoping for a little of that Sunday afternoon post-win euphoria that makes watching my fantasy players in the late window all the more enjoyable.

Isn't that the truth? It also makes watching the rest of the day's games so much more enjoyable as well.

edit: just found out the Vikings game will be on local TV here in So Flo! Love it. I thought there was a decent chance considering its a New York Team and how the other games fell. That's me in the blue just below WPB (West Palm Beach).

[Image: GWo8NMcXIAI9o3J?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I am not feeling it as much this year, if JJM had stayed healthy I think I would have been more intrigued, but this year it just isnt generating the euphoria of years past. I am thinking its partly due to our IOL still being an expected shit show, and the notion that this year is basically a throw away year in terms of contending. ( I know its not, but it seems like there are a lot of holes, and outside of WR, nothing really in terms of strength.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(09-04-2024, 11:54 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I am not feeling it as much this year,  if JJM had stayed healthy I think I would have been more intrigued, but this year it just isnt generating the euphoria of years past. I am thinking its partly due to our IOL still being an expected shit show,  and the notion that this year is basically a throw away year in terms of contending. ( I know its not, but it seems like there are a lot of holes, and outside of WR, nothing really in terms of strength.)

I get it. Totally agree, but I'm trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit here (JJM injury).
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Thats a good list @Sticky...Just be prepared for a slight cost increase on your Costco membership next year.

As the Vikings go, It wasn't easy writing a check this year for season tix, I'll tell you that. I knew that was going to be the case as soon as Cousins and Hunter left. 

Still didnt make it any easier. 

I had ZERO expectations of JJM playing this year, but yah it was deflating when he went out for the season none-the-less.

I have no idea how a Darnold led Vikings team will do? Its his best/last chance for redemption. 

Its time to suit-up for real and hope for some fun as a fan in 24.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

It has been awhile since we have started a season with such a wide margin of how the season could go. I am also in the camp of feeling deflated since JJM got hurt, but like Sticky getting myself into my annual routine, last week I got out and tested the extra TV that I bring out for game day, made sure Sunday ticket was all set and today blocked off my work calendar for the Thursday and Monday games!

Ridiculous they are going to continue to charge full price for Sunday ticket and then put games on Peacock and others that you cannot get on the ticket, that seems like a lawsuit in the making. If there had to be any game to put on Peacock it would be the Packers and Eagles a game that I can't take the sight of either team anyways!
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

Yeah very cool time of year. The Soup has been blended and seasoned for the year and now we get our first taste.

Doesn’t seem like it should be our year on paper, so the positives will be that much sweeter. Can Sam take it to a high level? Can he get a horseshoe lodged otherwise?
Are our expectations that our leadership has put the rest of the team in position to challenge valid?

Whatever it becomes it will not be boring and we will grit our teeth and push on and who knows? We may dance.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bullazin's post:

Let’s do this, SKOL…!  Cool Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(09-04-2024, 05:14 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Thats a good list @Sticky...Just be prepared for a slight cost increase on your Costco membership next year.

Yeah, I read that. Costco hadn't raised their membership fees in a bit. Still an amazing deal. My wife works for a food brokerage company and represents manufacturers to get their items placed in Costco, so we haven't paid for a Costco membership in 20+ years. She just expenses them. We also get a bunch of cool samples every year from food companies, so I get to try some cool shit (some get in, many don't).
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: