Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalil throws Vike's OL Coaches Under the Bus
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Wow just wow. The haterade is real. Totally classless.
what haterade?  the dude was a coddled the whole time he was here  and he has been nothing but ungracious since he left.  plenty of reason for fans of the team that spent their hard earned money watching and waiting for this turd to develop to be angry,  and he acts like the team did wrong by him.... please.
Whoa dude. I was talking about from Matt. I didn't think it was cool or necessary for him to say that.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
what haterade?  the dude was a coddled the whole time he was here  and he has been nothing but ungracious since he left.  plenty of reason for fans of the team that spent their hard earned money watching and waiting for this turd to develop to be angry,  and he acts like the team did wrong by him.... please.
Whoa dude. I was talking about from Matt. I didn't think it was cool or necessary for him to say that.
Sorry,  typically when I see haterade in terms of sports it's in reference to the fans or the media.

Man I can't wait to watch Everson school this McTurd for real

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Yup.  I think he should drop the name Kalilalilly.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Lol. That was my thought as well. That spin move works every time on the turnstile. 

So Kalil didn't feel he should strive for excellence unless he had a coach who demanded it? I think this moron actually just took a shot at himself without realizing it...

@Vikergirl said:
That's just it: he WAS coddled.  That's why what he said was true: the Vikings' coaches didn't demand excellence from him; if they did, he wouldn't have been starting.  The fact that they LET him start (he didn't earn it) is proof that they didn't demand excellence (from him).  Now, as others have said, IF he had demanded it of himself, perhaps he would not have been such a "big straw" (i.e. "he really sucked alot").  And, in turn, perhaps the fans would not have abused him as much as they did.

Quote: @pumpf said:
That's just it: he WAS coddled.  That's why what he said was true: the Vikings' coaches didn't demand excellence from him; if they did, he wouldn't have been starting.  The fact that they LET him start (he didn't earn it) is proof that they didn't demand excellence (from him).  Now, as others have said, IF he had demanded it of himself, perhaps he would not have been such a "big straw" (i.e. "he really sucked alot").  And, in turn, perhaps the fans would not have abused him as much as they did.
I respect your opinion on O-Line, but I will disagree the comment about him not starting.  He was a solid LT with lapses in technique.  I wish he had some demand for excellence of his own and that would have driven him to clean that up and be a rock solid LT.  But without the desire, all that talent got him by, but certainly wasn't excellent.

Quote: @greediron said:
@pumpf said:
I respect your opinion on O-Line, but I will disagree the comment about him not starting.  He was a solid LT with lapses in technique.  I wish he had some demand for excellence of his own and that would have driven him to clean that up and be a rock solid LT.  But without the desire, all that talent got him by, but certainly wasn't excellent.
Solid would be a stretch.   He rarely played what I would call solid.  He was susceptible to so many different moves it really was like watching a guy trying to not drown...he flailed and flailed and kept his head above water,  most the time,  but he never really got anywhere. He gave up a lot of hits and hurries even though they didn't end up as sacks they still affected the QB he was supposed to be protecting 

Solid would be a stretch.   He rarely played what I would call solid.  He was susceptible to so many different moves it really was like watching a guy trying to not drown...he flailed and flailed and kept his head above water,  most the time,  but he never really got anywhere. He gave up a lot of hits and hurries even though they didn't end up as sacks they still affected the QB he was supposed to be protecting 
I will go back to what the coaches thought.  he was good enough to leave on an island versus the top pass rushers.  His failures were memorable and stand out, but I would say he was solid with occasional glaring lapses.  I did a breakdown in 2015 I think.  He had around 1 to 2 noticeable failures a game. (there were likely more less-obvious depending on scheme and such)  Too many for a lock down LT, but far from the "worse than Charlie Johnson" line.