Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite JJ moment
I have watched the long pass to Jackson many times and it was a really perfect throw that dropped over the defender and right into Jackson's hands, he made that pass look easy, however while that throw makes me feel this kid has what it takes to sling it, the moment that sticks out to me as he being the one that has me feeling confident he is the one to lead this team was before the 3rd/4th stringers went onto the field for the potential game winning drive and JJ was right in there with them before they went on the field, pumping each guy up.  Meaningless pre season game, but he recognized the moment for his teammates as well as the fans who were there and led his team from the sidelines.  I liked Cousins, but the intangibles, the fire, passion, energy and ability to elevate his teammates play is something I think this kid brings which we have been desperately missing.  

Also beyond impressed with the maturity he displays during his interviews, his understanding of the game and the way he views every situation as a learning opportunity to improve his game.
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

Assuming his leg didn’t fall off.

(08-12-2024, 07:15 PM)JR44 Wrote: I have watched the long pass to Jackson many times and it was a really perfect throw that dropped over the defender and right into Jackson's hands, he made that pass look easy, however while that throw makes me feel this kid has what it takes to sling it, the moment that sticks out to me as he being the one that has me feeling confident he is the one to lead this team was before the 3rd/4th stringers went onto the field for the potential game winning drive and JJ was right in there with them before they went on the field, pumping each guy up.  Meaningless pre season game, but he recognized the moment for his teammates as well as the fans who were there and led his team from the sidelines.  I liked Cousins, but the intangibles, the fire, passion, energy and ability to elevate his teammates play is something I think this kid brings which we have been desperately missing.  

Also beyond impressed with the maturity he displays during his interviews, his understanding of the game and the way he views every situation as a learning opportunity to improve his game.

I was there at the stadium and didn't pick up on that. 

Good catch.

I don't think anyone on the team questioned Cousins leadership, but you're right, it was a quiet leadership. McCarthy is far more animated and will become even more so as he gets more comfortable. Really looking forward to when he takes over.

My favorite JJ moment was this pass at :43. Not a TD, isn't under pressure, nothing real complicated here, but the precision of this layered throw is beautiful. I see about a thousand of these in our future.

https://twitter.com/GameOver3xh/status/1...6087688422

(08-13-2024, 10:31 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I don't think anyone on the team questioned Cousins leadership, but you're right, it was a quite leadership. McCarthy is far more animated and will become even more so as he gets more comfortable. Really looking forward to when he takes over.

My favorite JJ moment was this pass at :43. Not a TD, isn't under pressure, nothing real complicated here, but the precision of this layered throw is beautiful. I see about a thousand of these in our future.

https://twitter.com/GameOver3xh/status/1...6087688422

Agree, I think Leber pointed that throw out as well as one where he did a great job with his touch and dropping it in between two defenders.  At the time of that throw I was thinking of Jefferson making a comment that JJ has such a strong arm that he really likes to let every throw rip and he needed to put more touch on some throws and that was definitely an example of him making that adjustment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post: