Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I saw PS1
Arrow way up

Michael Jurgens- that dude was stout in the run game and a rock in pass pro.  Played almost entire game.  Finished his blocks downfield.  Loved this guy. Looked like he got beat once but it was a blown screen play, so not really his fault. he also got rolled on the blocked fg by a really good double team.  Still a rock solid A grade

Arrow up- potential contributors 

JJ- a lot of clean pockets but this dude can sling it and so young. INT was an under thrown ball and he had the answers after.  If Darnold can keep this guy on the bench for a year, look out NFC North. 

Jalen Nailor  - QB’s got him the ball and he caught everything. No probs getting open against 1 st stringers 

Arrow up

Bo Richter- dude was half a maniac on the field. When he learns to play faster? Could be a stolen gem. 

Levi Drake Rodriguez. 

In the backfield quite a bit. Sack TFL’s PD. Filled the stat sheet. 

Walter Rouse
Saw some nice run blocks and did not notice any pressure given up. Played most of the game. 

Arrow down:

Theo Jackson- been getting raves but looked out of position a few times including a touchdown. 

Generally our safeties were late especially down the seams. 

I thought our IDL didn’t hold ground well enough and MLBs didn’t fill like I would want. 

Ed Ingram- had a tough matchup with Wilkins and did not look good. Starters get tough matchups every week.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bullazin's post:

Winners;
Sam Darnold
JJ McCarthy
Speedy Nailor
1st team OLine
2nd team Oline
Tristan Jackson
Nick Muse
Dallas Turner
Akeleb Evans
Levi Drake Rodriguez
Bo Richter
Ryan Wright
Will Reichard
Jalen Redmond

Losers;
Jaren Hall
Ty Chandler
Kene Nwangwu
Pat Jones II
James Lynch
Brian Asamoah
Jabril Cox
Lewis Cine
Andre Carter II
Seth Vernon
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
[-] The following 3 users Like rf54's post:

Kene had a nice run, but remains a liability in pass pro...

(08-11-2024, 10:40 AM)Bullazin Wrote: Ed Ingram- had a tough matchup with Wilkins and did not look good. Starters get tough matchups every week.

Forgot about Wilkins. I hope he got a good taste of the US Bank environment and the team on the rise he passed over to sign with a completely irrelevant and future-less Raiders team for a few dollars more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

So I've been ringing the bell for Jurgens a month ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

How about that hit by Bobby McCain in the second quarter?
[-] The following 5 users Like FLVike's post:

Anyone else have a hard time tracking the ball when Reichard kicked the game winner? I think the sunlight hit the camera just right......

(08-11-2024, 01:41 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: So I've been ringing the bell for Jurgens a month ago.

You think hes’s good enough to start?  He looked it Saturday.  Probably a Bradbury year, but we have some excitement for the future
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

(08-12-2024, 06:41 AM)Bullazin Wrote: You think hes’s good enough to start?  He looked it Saturday.  Probably a Bradbury year, but we have some excitement for the future

Not enough to start NOW, but enough to start maybe next year? He's built like a square wall, stout and he'll only get stronger with a year in a NFL weight room. It would be nice to have a 6'4", natural 320 lb. center with some lead in his ass.

(08-12-2024, 06:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Not enough to start NOW, but enough to start maybe next year? He's built like a square wall, stout and he'll only get stronger with a year in a NFL weight room. It would be nice to have a 6'4", natural 320 lb. center with some lead in his ass.

I've noticed the Vikings have been targeting slightly bigger offensive linemen the last couple years, which I think is a good thing. Requisite NFL size and strength first, with athleticism and mobility second. 

Too early to say now, but it sure would be nice if we've already got Bradbury's replacement on the roster.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post: