Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its as good a pass as you'll see...from anyone
https://twitter.com/dust_vikings/status/...93704?s=46&t=FfflqO8nBW1gTkmtWAIKjg

This is what you get with McCarthy potentially: the presence, the focus downfield, the quick release, the elite arm and the accuracy. This is a pass not every NFL starting QB can make. One thing that never gets mentioned: his release is fast. With that great arm, he can see something a tic late, defenders closing in the pocket and he'll fire this rocket on the money. When KAM mentions on the Draft video that they thought JJM had 'elite physical skills, as good as anyone', he wasn't kidding. He looks like a prototype NFL passer: mechanics w/easy power.
That's also to his left which was 'supposedly' a 'weakness' area.

I've been the kid's hype man, but I have reservations also, but mostly revolving around the time he needs to be The Man. But when I see this accuracy, which as I've mentioned, I thought would initially be a weakness until he received lots of NFL reps in camp, preseason, etc.....its getting me even more stoked. Listen, I'm sure there are throws where its not great, wrong route, etc. as any QB has and he's got plenty of things to keep learning for sure.....but....I'll tell you this is very encouraging start for the franchise. He's got the stud factor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

The internet is terrible where we’re at so I can’t confirm it’s the right throw but JJ threw a 50 yarder against what’s left of our D’s 1s.

If you’re talking about that one he could have put 3-5 more yards on it. Plus the receiver had busted coverage.

I’m happy it sounds like a good camp. I’m just so used to getting kicked in the nuts by the Vikings that I’m tempering expectations until he’s started a few seasons..,assuming we get that far.

What I do not want is JJ to cost KOC his job because KOC is as good as its going to get for our head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(08-01-2024, 05:10 AM)AGRforever Wrote: The internet is terrible where we’re at so I can’t confirm it’s the right throw but JJ threw a 50 yarder against what’s left of our D’s 1s.

If you’re talking about that one he could have put 3-5 more yards on it. Plus the receiver had busted coverage.

I’m happy it sounds like a good camp. I’m just so used to getting kicked in the nuts by the Vikings that I’m tempering expectations until he’s started a few seasons..,assuming we get that far.

What I do not want is JJ to cost KOC his job because KOC is as good as its going to get for our head coach.

Can you see the video I posted? This was from yesterday, not the 50+ yarder you're talking about.

It's a much better start than I expected considering his age and lack of passing game experience. Still, he's doing things we already pretty much knew he could do. The arm is there, the accuracy is there, the athleticism. Big jump from what he's doing now to what he'll need to do in a game against an NFL defense. But so far so good.

Given what we've heard, I thought the chances of JJ starting before midseason were about nil. I actually think it's possible now. I wouldn't do it. I would approach it like Ulysses and the sirens. Tie me to the mast and cover my eyes and ears.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I would like to know who threw this pass, this is just ridiculous ball placement, if JJ threw this one, he should start now as this is big time.

https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...7127504316
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

(08-01-2024, 05:31 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Given what we've heard, I thought the chances of JJ starting before midseason were about nil. I actually think it's possible now. I wouldn't do it. I would approach it like Ulysses and the sirens. Tie me to the mast and cover my eyes and ears.

Oh, it's happening!

And @JR44, in the replies to the tweet you posted, a guy who was there said that pass was JJM. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Its encouraging to see some nice throws, but I think it's still way too early to have discussions on whether he should be starting or not.

Crikey, we havent had one pre-season game or intra-squad scrimmage yet...
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

He won’t have his man muscles until he’s 23
[-] The following 2 users Like Bullazin's post:

(08-01-2024, 05:22 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Can you see the video I posted? This was from yesterday, not the 50+ yarder you're talking about.

I’m in Germany and my Verizon is hot steaming dogshit. Now that I’m on WiFi that isn’t the 50 yarder. That is a throw starters need to make.  Looks good. 

I hope we still give JJM plenty of time to marinate. I’d love to see him lots in preseason but I hope The Darnold starts all year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post: