Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Credit Where It's Due and How to Actually be Impressive, Donald
(07-19-2024, 09:12 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Everything unfolding with Biden and at the RNC underscores why I was so deeply disappointed knowing what our countries choices would be for POTUS. We have a doddering old man in Washington now and another one about to replace him.

The Donald actually had me  (a moderate) tuning-in to hear his acceptance speech. I turned it off after the first 19 minutes. Too many lies, too many promises with little to no substance (at all) on how all of this magnificence for world standing, economic growth, safe borders and lower crime is about to unfold.

I take that back, I did hear drill baby drill.

I watched most of it, at least I think I did, I shut it off about about 1040 and went to be, but when he said he was going to pull the plug on the green new deal bull shit, that was all I needed to hear, the carbon credit shit is the biggest load of crap to ever come out of DC and the fact that we have been feeding that pile of shit while our national debt just keeps piling up is the biggest issue we as tax payers face. I am all for helping fledgling industries emerge in a sea of dominance, and nothing is more so than the energy sector, but all the other green shit that goes along with trying to solve WEATHER... thats just theft, and we cant afford to keep funneling money into these lame ass scams. get the deficit eliminated, pay down the debt significantly, then come back with the science projects, until then the govt needs to focus on what they are there for.

(07-19-2024, 11:11 AM)badgervike Wrote: You watched for 19 minutes and there were too many lies and promises?  I watched most of the speech this am.  The first 25 minutes were devoted exclusively to recounting the assassination attempt. No policy and no promises.  You're not one of those Dems that doesn't think Trump was actually shot are you?  Seems to be a fair number out there.

It was a subdued yet typically bombastic Trump.  His speeches are never my cup of tea and that continued last night.  He really needs to just ask if you're better off than you were 4 years ago whether it be the Economy, Security, Border, Foreign Relations, Wars...and stfu.

I agree it was more subdued, especially for The Don. 

Crazy times indeed with Biden looking less and less likely for the Dems POTUS candidate. I said 50/50 over the last week, I think it might be trending less than that.

Right now I am steaming mad at the Dems leadership...They had at least the last 2 years to avoid having Joe run again and they knew how senile he had become. If they deny it? I call em liars. 

I'm burned out on politics already and its only July. I gotta push away from the screen/key board on it. Its just that on the Dem side you can't look away right now. What may happen with Biden is pretty rare.

I guess, now, the question is: which pile of extreme partisan believers gets the cherished Tinfoil Hat Award?

Was the shooting:

1. A dnc plot to utterly, finally stop Trumplestilskin as he dodged legal charges and surged in popularity after Brandon tanked in the debate...or...

2. A gop/Trumplestilskin plot set up on the eve of the convention to garner both incredible sympathy to an arrogant narcissist and to let him live out some grandiose trading card superhero fantasy?

I've seen both concepts wizzed around by the elephant and jackass fanatics. I'm trying to decide which is more bizarre, but I'll wait for all the investigation info to trickle in....
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(07-20-2024, 08:32 PM)Zanary Wrote: I guess, now, the question is: which pile of extreme partisan believers gets the cherished Tinfoil Hat Award?

Was the shooting:

1. A dnc plot to utterly, finally stop Trumplestilskin as he dodged legal charges and surged in popularity after Brandon tanked in the debate...or...

2. A gop/Trumplestilskin plot set up on the eve of the convention to garner both incredible sympathy to an arrogant narcissist and to let him live out some grandiose trading card superhero fantasy?

I've seen both concepts wizzed around by the elephant and jackass fanatics. I'm trying to decide which is more bizarre, but I'll wait for all the investigation info to trickle in....

Keeping in mind that the dems currently run the white house and all the mis-information games they played around covid and pretty much everything else of importance through the intelligence agencies, now ask yourself, could the republicans or especially Trumps team have pulled this off?

Not to mention the headshot aspect of the attempt? The margin of error is pretty damn high there.

There was also a pretty organized media response immediately following the shooting, we know who owns the media.

(07-21-2024, 06:24 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Keeping in mind that the dems currently run the white house and all the mis-information games they played around covid and pretty much everything else of importance through the intelligence agencies,  now ask yourself,  could the republicans or especially Trumps team have pulled this off? 

Not to mention the headshot aspect of the attempt? The margin of error is pretty damn high there.

There was also a pretty organized media response immediately following the shooting,  we know who owns the media.

See, that was sort of my take, too, until I remembered that CNN and others simply called it a "fall" initially, showing less than perfect organization.

The margin of error on the shot is absolutely correct, if that's what cut his ear...which is the basis for the dnc fanatic conspiracy theory. Pro wrestlers cut their foreheads in matches for decades, and Hulk was at the convention...so there's murmuring.

As a result of just how odd this is...like my first post on the matter says, I'm watching the investigation info constantly. Just the known facts - an apparently unstable social outcast (another one!) managed to case the area and get past all security to take the shots - is typically unlikely.

See ya, Brandon...!!!

WOW...he's endorsing Harris, the genuine political prostitute who might be a WORSE speaker than he is and will be badly remembered by all the young men of color she locked up for weed offenses in Cali...!

Biden's final decision to leave the race was reached in the last 48 hours
From CNN’s Jeff Zeleny
President Joe Biden’s final decision to leave the race was reached in the last 48 hours, a senior campaign adviser said, as he consulted family and top advisers by telephone.

He did not have a final in-person meeting with his top campaign or White House advisers as he recovered from Covid-19 at his beach home in Rehoboth, Delaware.

The adviser said the president “was not dug in,” but was studying all of the data coming in and became convinced he would “weigh down” the ticket and be a distraction and complication to defeat former President Donald Trump.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I'm sure there'll be a thread, but I feel like I've started too many, lately. Someone else can have the honors.

He's absolutely right, but both tickets are pretty heavy. Felonies, sexual assault, a constant stream of lies, a verbally-crapping pissant that won't admit mistakes, and a party that idolizes dishonesty and filth behaviors...vs more lies, border disasters, crime disasters, law enforcement marginalized, authority mismanaged, and the apparent candidate is a babbling political "ho".

The arguments to burn down the duopoly can't get much louder than this.

(07-21-2024, 03:03 PM)Zanary Wrote: I'm sure there'll be a thread, but I feel like I've started too many, lately. Someone else can have the honors.
He's absolutely right, but both tickets are pretty heavy. Felonies, sexual assault, a constant stream of lies, a verbally-crapping pissant that won't admit mistakes, and a party that idolizes dishonesty and filth behaviors...vs more lies, border disasters, crime disasters, law enforcement marginalized, authority mismanaged, and the apparent candidate is a babbling political "ho".
The arguments to burn down the duopoly can't get much louder than this.

I'm with Kennedy on this....
========================

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. praised President Joe Biden for his decision to drop out of the presidential race on Sunday and called on the Democratic Party to nominate Biden’s replacement via an “open process.”

Kennedy, a former Democrat who previously ran against Biden in the primaries before switching to run as an independent, said in a post on Sunday he hopes the party will “use neutral polling” to select the strongest candidate to defeat former President Donald Trump, and criticized the party’s handling of the primary process.

“I call on the Democratic Party to return to its traditional commitment to democracy and exemplify it with an open process. Instead of anointing a candidate hand-picked by DNC elites, the party should use neutral polling to identify the candidate who can best beat Donald Trump. The delegates should then select a nominee based on this information,” Kennedy said.
“If they had done this to begin with, I would not have had to leave the Democratic Party,” he added.
Kennedy applauded Biden’s decision to drop out of the race while claiming his “progressive deterioration” undermined his candidacy.

(07-21-2024, 03:35 PM)llpurplefaithful Wrote: I'm with Kennedy on this....
========================

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. praised President Joe Biden for his decision to drop out of the presidential race on Sunday and called on the Democratic Party to nominate Biden’s replacement via an “open process.”

Kennedy, a former Democrat who previously ran against Biden in the primaries before switching to run as an independent, said in a post on Sunday he hopes the party will “use neutral polling” to select the strongest candidate to defeat former President Donald Trump, and criticized the party’s handling of the primary process.

“I call on the Democratic Party to return to its traditional commitment to democracy and exemplify it with an open process. Instead of anointing a candidate hand-picked by DNC elites, the party should use neutral polling to identify the candidate who can best beat Donald Trump. The delegates should then select a nominee based on this information,” Kennedy said.
“If they had done this to begin with, I would not have had to leave the Democratic Party,” he added.
Kennedy applauded Biden’s decision to drop out of the race while claiming his “progressive deterioration” undermined his candidacy.

Well, I guess he can feel that way, but he's also a 5-star, lying whackadoodle with a skull full of noodles. That has some effect as well.

He spoke against vaccines, openly and generally, then claimed he didn't, then cited one "misunderstanding" but not others...he spoke about shoring up our economy with Bitcoin, oops, then not, but then again...tripped by his own words...kind of like claiming he didn't know the "Heal the Divide" PAC despite having been one of their speakers.

We really don't need any more shameless, mindless, drooling liars in this race, we're well stocked already.