Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Metellus on JJM: 'He's going to be good for the team, locker room'
(07-04-2024, 02:41 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: One of the comments said "straight-up sounds like KOC"

I think they're right lol!

My man brought up the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, that's where I'm from. Recognize! I get what he's saying, both Minnesota and the U.P. have the same kind of nice people. He's obviously a fan of the Midwest and the values. 
This kid is going to take the state of Minnesota by storm. I've never been more invested in a QB prospect for the Vikings by a mile. Giddy up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(07-04-2024, 02:41 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: One of the comments said "straight-up sounds like KOC"

I think they're right lol!

He's definitely parroting what he's hearing from the coach. Uses the same vocabulary. Now, can he play? 5 weeks from tomorrow we'll see him in action when the Vikings host the Raiders.

(07-05-2024, 07:40 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: He's definitely parroting what he's hearing from the coach. Uses the same vocabulary. Now, can he play? 5 weeks from tomorrow we'll see him in action when the Vikings host the Raiders.

And that'll be the first pre-season game I am planning to go to in probably 7+ seasons...
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(07-04-2024, 02:54 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: My man brought up the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, that's where I'm from. Recognize! I get what he's saying, both Minnesota and the U.P. have the same kind of nice people. He's obviously a fan of the Midwest and the values. 
This kid is going to take the state of Minnesota by storm. I've never been more invested in a QB prospect for the Vikings by a mile. Giddy up.

Sticky, I forgot that you had ties to the UP.  What town are you from?
I spent ten years in the Western UP.  Ironwood/Bessemer/Wakefield and worked in the ski industry there before I moved to Colorado (and then Montana).

(07-05-2024, 10:33 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: Sticky, I forgot that you had ties to the UP.  What town are you from?
I spent ten years in the Western UP.  Ironwood/Bessemer/Wakefield and worked in the ski industry there before I moved to Colorado (and then Montana).

Escanaba/Bark River area, so kind of south central U.P. right on Lake Michigan.

PA was musing today he thinks the September depth qb chart will read Darnold/Mullens/JJM

SLIGHT chance JJM @ #2. So nothing out on a limb.

Hall will be odd man out, they may try and get him to practice squad. I suspect that wont happen.

(07-08-2024, 05:24 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: PA was musing today he thinks the September depth qb chart will read Darnold/Mullens/JJM

Hall will be odd man out, they may try and get him to practice squad. I suspect that wont happen.

Which is what a few of us have been saying since the draft. This is not an indictment on McCarthy. It's an acknowledgement of just how complex this offense is, how young JJ is, and how important it is to develop him properly.

(07-09-2024, 07:33 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Which is what a few of us have been saying since the draft. This is not an indictment on McCarthy. It's an acknowledgement of just how complex this offense is, how young JJ is, and how important it is to develop him properly.

Shouldn't be news to anyone paying attention. But the younger fans will see the depth chart and JJM will be a bust before he's had one preseason snap. Just like the Passtronaut was taking us to the Superbowl. Until he wasn't, then he was hot dogshit.

If you want to despair for mankind, read the comment section of an X (Twitter) post.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(07-09-2024, 07:57 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Shouldn't be news to anyone paying attention. But the younger fans will see the depth chart and JJM will be a bust before he's had one preseason snap. Just like the Passtronaut was taking us to the Superbowl. Until he wasn't, then he was hot dogshit.

If you want to despair for mankind, read the comment section of an X (Twitter) post.

Lol...

True. It is trying times isnt it? There are some gems of comments out there though. 

Football will be a nice diversion this fall from the crap about to go into full gear.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(07-08-2024, 05:24 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: PA was musing today he thinks the September depth qb chart will read Darnold/Mullens/JJM

I think they have a good chance of stashing Hall on the PS at least initially. He's already 26 years old & his 2023 film is less than stellar to say the least. Unless he shines in the pre-season games, I think he's on the initial PS.

Now, as the season progresses & QBs start to drop, I could see a team claiming Hall from our PS. Have you seen some of the QBs that teams are trotting out there in December?