Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeff Diamond out there worrying....
(07-06-2024, 08:17 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think the Giants did the right thing.

The dead cap hit was going to be $69 million for this year, so although I agree he should get another year, he's 19% of their cap this season. Jones is a talented guy, get him more help and maybe he can rebound. I think another decent crop of QBs is on deck for 2025, so there was no need to pull the trigger on a QB this year. The issue is if he starts out slow, Giant fans will eviscerate the kid. It'll be beyond ugly at home games.

Next year the dead cap hit would be $22 million, a lot more manageable but still not pretty.

(07-06-2024, 08:36 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The dead cap hit was going to be $69 million for this year, so although I agree he should get another year, he's 19% of their cap this season. Jones is a talented guy, get him more help and maybe he can rebound. I think another decent crop of QBs is on deck for 2025, so there was no need to pull the trigger on a QB this year. The issue is if he starts out slow, Giant fans will eviscerate the kid. It'll be beyond ugly at home games.

Next year the dead cap hit would be $22 million, a lot more manageable but still not pretty.

I think that's mostly because they're not paying anyone else on that team very much. Jones contract was huge at the time, but now it ranks 14th I think?

Jeff Diamond has been away from the Vikings for 26 years. His ability to provide an insightful opinion is no different than mine. He reads stuff online and has an opinion. See? Our opinions carry the same exact weight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(07-08-2024, 12:59 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Jeff Diamond has been away from the Vikings for 26 years. His ability to provide an insightful opinion is no different than mine. He reads stuff online and has an opinion. See? Our opinions carry the same exact weight.

Honestly I think yours carries more. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post: