Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeff Diamond out there worrying....
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I'm really hoping that the OL players in the shortest routes to the QB for the DL step up this season, because the last several years should be lessons in the importance of protection.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Well one more year. Then one of those two is going to be wearing purple. Probably Clark. Write it down. Then in a wave of poetic justice, Jurgens will take over for Bradbury in '25, Garrett will be released and sign with the Packers, forcing him to face Clark twice a year again. Don't write that down.

Nice of Mr Diamond to call out Bradbury...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

The man does have a point…  Cool Angel

.J. McCarthy’s progress
The Giants passed on an opportunity to select quarterback J.J. McCarthy in Round 1 of the 2024 NFL Draft. He landed with the Vikings, a team Diamond remains well-connected to.

“I think he’s had a really good spring and hearing Kevin O’Connell, the Vikings coach, talking about it and as you know I do a lot of media work surrounding the Vikings and I certainly have gotten good feedback on J.J.’s progress to this point. But he’s still entering training camp behind Sam Darnold,” Diamond said.

“I really expect that McCarthy will take over at some point during the regular season. I don’t think it’ll be Week 1 in the Meadowlands. I think that Darnold will get that start. I expect Darnold to be there probably for the first six, seven [games], maybe even a little bit more.”

(07-05-2024, 02:14 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: .J. McCarthy’s progress
The Giants passed on an opportunity to select quarterback J.J. McCarthy in Round 1 of the 2024 NFL Draft. He landed with the Vikings, a team Diamond remains well-connected to.

“I think he’s had a really good spring and hearing Kevin O’Connell, the Vikings coach, talking about it and as you know I do a lot of media work surrounding the Vikings and I certainly have gotten good feedback on J.J.’s progress to this point. But he’s still entering training camp behind Sam Darnold,” Diamond said.

“I really expect that McCarthy will take over at some point during the regular season. I don’t think it’ll be Week 1 in the Meadowlands. I think that Darnold will get that start. I expect Darnold to be there probably for the first six, seven [games], maybe even a little bit more.”

The passed on Penix, JJM and Nix...

Nabors (neighba) should be a good one, but I really think counting on D.Dimes to get them to the promised land wasn't the right move. I hope it wasn't. 

Cant forget that ATL passed on JJ too - 

Did they have intel the Vikings had Penix rated over JJ?

This is going to be a fascinating draft to look back at in 3-4 seasons!

(07-05-2024, 02:24 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: The passed on Penix, JJM and Nix...

Nabors (neighba) should be a good one, but I really think counting on D.Dimes to get them to the promised land wasn't the right move. I hope it wasn't. 

Any draft where six of the first twelve picks are QB's will be fascinating to look back on, so I couldn't agree more.

Jeff Diamond is still out there? No one could blow up the salary cap like that guy. I don't think math was his strong suit.

(07-05-2024, 02:24 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: The passed on Penix, JJM and Nix...

I get why the Giants stuck with Jones. He actually looked pretty good the year he booted us from the playoffs. You kinda have to see that guy through. Especially when you consider that last year's troubles were due mostly to injury. 

Then when they brought in Drew Lock to back him up, the odds of them taking a QB sank even more. Several of us on this board called the Giants bluff out long before the draft. It just didn't make sense and everyone knew it, including all NFL teams. 

It's the age-old surround before QB argument. This way if Jones fails they'll have Nabers to support whatever new QB they bring in down the road. With no Nabers the new QB would be put in the same situation as Jones was. 

I think the Giants did the right thing.