Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bust
I think there’s some positions, like edge or RB or tackle where it matters less which team you get put on. Most of your success is probably on your own athleticism or talent.

But most positions I think the team you get put on is a bigger factor than your own innate traits. It’s really hard to ignore that the teams at the top of the draft are there for a reason. They are usually bad teams.

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
The final Patriots OTA open to the media just wrapped. Focused on a lot of red zone work.

Tough day for the offense. Drake Maye threw two picks. Jacoby Brissett and the first-team unit struggled too. Defense is usually ahead of the offense this early but it was pretty dominant.

Probably a good place to put this, along with several "shocking" reports that Drake Maye may start out as QB3. This should not be a surprise to anyone, and it's utterly meaningless. 

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
Per@Andrew_Krammer via @AccessVikings
He thinks it “wouldn’t be a shock” if #Vikings QB J.J. McCarthy starts as QB3 to start the season ?
“McCown saw that and O'Connell saw that in multiple places in his career. So I think, yeah, I think all these things are pointing to, it wouldn't be a shock if we're getting to week one and McCarthy's QB3”

(06-04-2024, 02:31 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Probably a good place to put this, along with several "shocking" reports that Drake Maye may start out as QB3. This should not be a surprise to anyone, and it's utterly meaningless. 

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
Per@Andrew_Krammer via @AccessVikings
He thinks it “wouldn’t be a shock” if #Vikings QB J.J. McCarthy starts as QB3 to start the season ?
“McCown saw that and O'Connell saw that in multiple places in his career. So I think, yeah, I think all these things are pointing to, it wouldn't be a shock if we're getting to week one and McCarthy's QB3”

I think everyone on this board hopes JJM has a better playing career than McCown or especially O'Connell. They're his coaches so I get the comp, but using them as any kind of barometer is pretty limp.

Shouldn't be a surprise, darnold was brought in to start, and the other 2 have at least a full season in the system under their belts.

(06-04-2024, 02:34 PM)pattersaur Wrote: I think everyone on this board hopes JJM has a better playing career than McCown or especially O'Connell. They're his coaches so I get the comp, but using them as any kind of barometer is pretty limp.

Agree. It's just stupid and lazy. JJM will be QB3 not because his coaches were once QB3s, but because the team will trust Mullens more in case of injury to Darnold.

(06-05-2024, 07:35 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Agree. It's just stupid and lazy. JJM will be QB3 not because his coaches were once QB3s, but because the team will trust Mullens more in case of injury to Darnold.

Not only trust Mullens more but keep JJM in learning mode and not playing mode.

It'll be fun to watch the kid this pre-season, read about the camps etc...

Come Wk1? We probably wont hear about McCarthy again till Xmas or after the season.

I suspect thats the plan anyhow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

purplefaithful
It'll be fun to watch the kid this pre-season, read about the camps etc...

Come Wk1? We probably wont hear about McCarthy again till Xmas or after the season.

I suspect thats the plan anyhow.

It's probably the plan, but something tells me the break after London is when we will see JJM. Who knows?
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmillard's post:

(06-05-2024, 07:41 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Not only trust Mullens more but keep JJM in learning mode and not playing mode.

Mullens? I remember the game he threw for over 400 yards, 2 TD's, and 4 interceptions. JJ will start at number 3 but will quickly surpass Mullens and threaten for the starting position by the end of training camp.
I know that's not the prevailing hope of most on this board, but is common for QB's drafted early first round.
If he is as good as we think he is, he will show his potential to start by then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post: