Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's the latest with QB Will Levis?
https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/...kings-pff/

I can't tell if the organization feels he's the answer or not. I read a lot of conflicting reports. Seems like he was inconsistent, which is probably going to be the case for any rookie getting playing time. Some wow plays and some head scratchers.

If I was a Titan fan? There is enough I'd seen with Levis in some games last year to be at least hopeful going into this season.

These off-season prognostications of Levis vs Caleb vs Daniels are just throwing shit against the wall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Just a reminder that Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year. 28!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(05-26-2024, 08:37 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Just a reminder that Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year. 28!!!!

Troy Aikman threw 9 TDs to 18 INTs his rookie year, JJ threw him to the wolves. Turned out ok, lol.

As a comparo, I went back to Ponders old records. Obviously, his surround was a lot less than Aikman or Manning. 

2011: 13 td/13 ints (over 11 games), sacked 30 times
2012: 18/12 (16 games), sacked 32 times
2013: 7/9 (9 games), sacked 27 times
2014: 0/2 (2 games). sacked 6 times

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/...ian-ponder
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(05-26-2024, 10:03 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: As a comparo, I went back to Ponders old records. Obviously, his surround was a lot less than Aikman or Manning. 

Yep, stats aint' shit. Proof is in the pudding over time. We'll all just have to wait and see.

(05-26-2024, 10:03 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: As a comparo, I went back to Ponders old records. Obviously, his surround was a lot less than Aikman or Manning. 

He was also rated as the best red zone QB for at least a big chunk of 2012, which likely involved "good" Percy moments.

I'll never sign onto the hatred the kid got, because we didn't protect him well, didn't get him great targets, and arguably destroyed his confidence.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

(05-26-2024, 05:24 PM)Zanary Wrote: He was also rated as the best red zone QB for at least a big chunk of 2012, which likely involved "good" Percy moments.

I'll never sign onto the hatred the kid got, because we didn't protect him well, didn't get him great targets, and arguably destroyed his confidence.

I think the main reason was it was regarded as a reach initially.....and then proven to be correct in that assumption. Adrian Peterson rushed for almost 2100 yards in Ponder's second season starting. He had Percy Harvin and Kyle Rudolph, so his targets were at least ok. He should have never been selected when he was.

(05-27-2024, 04:27 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I think the main reason was it was regarded as a reach initially.....and then proven to be correct in that assumption. Adrian Peterson rushed for almost 2100 yards in Ponder's second season starting. He had Percy Harvin and Kyle Rudolph, so his targets were at least ok. He should have never been selected when he was.

They typically kept Rudy in to block, AD could pick up a blitz nor was worth a shit as a route runner and pass catcher, so that really just left Pinball, who missed about half the time with his headaches. The team was shit, no young Qb should be held to any standard, regardless of draft position, with the surround we were fielding back then.

(05-27-2024, 06:15 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: They typically kept Rudy in to block,  AD could pick up a blitz nor was worth a shit as a route runner and pass catcher,  so that really just left Pinball,  who missed about half the time with his headaches.  The team was shit, no young Qb should be held to any standard, regardless of draft position, with the surround we were fielding back then.

They went to the playoffs one year with Ponder, correct? So how bad could they have been? Pretty good defense if I remember too. I think Ponder sat out the playoff game with an elbow issue and Joe Webb started.