Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh boy for Kirko....
kirk has been a starter in the NFL for 9 or 10 years and has 1 playoff win on his resume, add in that he is coming off a season ending injury, not taking a QB high in one of the deepest QB drafts in a decade or more would have been irresponsible. yes they could have taken a player to help kirk, but there are no guarantees a 35 year old QB coming back from a major injury will be your starting QB for the next few years anyway. when he signed there I said that ATL should still be in the market for their future QB as that is what I would have done in their shoes, the position is just to important to leave to chance.

I find it pretty sad that this is even still a story, Kirk makes a shit ton of coin, he needs to be mentally strong enough to cancel out the noise and go do his job commensurate to the level of compensation he demands, regardless of who is holding his clipboard and how good they look at his position.

( anybody want to join me at the falcons game when they come to play in Minny.... I want some help starting the Penix chant when Kirk throws his first incompletion.... Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(05-06-2024, 02:42 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I think the potential is there for this to go very badly in Atlanta very quickly, and it's by their own doing. I don't think Raheem Morris is a very good coach anyways and Blank is a meddling owner who will probably push for Penix to start at the first sign of trouble. Like I said, I'm incredibly relieved it's not the Vikings trying to navigate those waters.

Well Kwesi needs to do a better job as GM and tell Flores to piss off because you aren't trading one year of journeyman Shaq Griffin for a 3rd round pick. Not a good decision

They could have signed Griffin after the draft and not risked losing the extra 3rd comp pick. If OTC charts are correct, an extremely poor decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rigby's post:

kirk has been a starter in the NFL for 9 or 10 years and has 1 playoff win on his resume, add in that he is coming off a season ending injury, not taking a QB high in one of the deepest QB drafts in a decade or more would have been irresponsible. yes they could have taken a player to help kirk, but there are no guarantees a 35 year old QB coming back from a major injury will be your starting QB for the next few years anyway. when he signed there I said that ATL should still be in the market for their future QB as that is what I would have done in their shoes, the position is just to important to leave to chance.

I find it pretty sad that this is even still a story, Kirk makes a shit ton of coin, he needs to be mentally strong enough to cancel out the noise and go do his job commensurate to the level of compensation he demands, regardless of who is holding his clipboard and how good they look at his position.

( anybody want to join me at the falcons game when they come to play in Minny.... I want some help starting the Penix chant when Kirk throws his first incompletion..

Could not agree more!  What has Kirk really accomplished to deserve this elite don't draft anyone behind me stance?  Nothing.  Oh, and I will once again mention that he is not a 100% lock to come back fully healthy from his injury.  Thats the reason I would have wanted the Vikings to draft a QB with our first rounder even if we kept Kirk and also why I don't think the Falcons drafting Penix with Cousins is that bad of an idea.  Could flop of course but if Penix is leading the Falcons in a year or two to the playoff it was suddenly genius Smile

This wasn't news, really...and it's the impasse that some of us have called for months: Kirk feels like he can be starting at a high level for years to come, the Vikings are ready to get younger. Nobody was wrong, really, but Atlanta may have created locker room and rumor mill drama by drafting Penix...and, in my opinion, burning a VERY high pick for a kid with plenty of injury history.

I wish Kirk well, very well (except against us), but I have to admit a perverse interest in whether the sports bobbleheads will be spinning trade rumors for Atlanta fans to deal with every 15 minutes like they did for us....
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

(05-06-2024, 12:44 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I remember Geoff

I remember him too, vaguely. Hopefully we see him again next late-March /s
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

(05-06-2024, 07:39 PM)Rigby Wrote: They could have signed Griffin after the draft and not risked losing the extra 3rd comp pick. If OTC charts are correct, an extremely poor decision.

I'm not sure how you could possibly justify that as a GM. You don't just piss away 3rd round picks and if this was missed or a miscalculation...even worse

(05-07-2024, 10:38 AM)pattersaur Wrote: I remember him too, vaguely. Hopefully we see him again next late-March /s

Geoff, oh Geoff, whereforth art though...?