Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockenson 'ahead of schedule' in return from injury
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Hope Darrisaw and the boys go hunting for Kirby Joseph this season. Maybe having a 320 pound lineman go diving at his knees will make him reconsider his tackling techniques?
[-] The following 3 users Like supafreak84's post:

It's past time to repay Kirby...just make it look "incidental".
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

(05-02-2024, 07:35 PM)Zanary Wrote: It's past time to repay Kirby...just make it look "incidental".

I just looked at the Lions opponents for this upcoming season and not only do the Vikings get Kirby twice, but the Rams also make a trip back to Detroit. Reconing is'a comin'...
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

Nice of him, since he delayed his surgery for 4 weeks after the injury to make sure he could skip out on training camp.

I'll be glad if he's back before the previous October guesstimate, but after last offseason's "ear infection" and "soreness" contract shenanigans I'm not exactly the president of his fan club.

(05-03-2024, 12:39 AM)RS_Express Wrote: Nice of him, since he delayed his surgery for 4 weeks after the injury to make sure he could skip out on training camp.

I'll be glad if he's back before the previous October guesstimate, but after last offseason's "ear infection" and "soreness" contract shenanigans I'm not exactly the president of his fan club.

Surgery can't be done until the swelling drops significantly. I've known of instances where they can't even do the MRIs for a week or more after the injury due to inflamed tissue, let alone start chopping away at it.
[-] The following 4 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

I read that the reason for the delay in surgery was to give the MCL a chance to heal without requiring surgery. He injured both his ACL and MCL but only needed to have surgery on his ACL...greatly reducing the healing time and uncertainty around the surgery.
[-] The following 4 users Like badgervike's post:

(05-03-2024, 12:39 AM)RS_Express Wrote: Nice of him, since he delayed his surgery for 4 weeks after the injury to make sure he could skip out on training camp.

Don't think that was the reason, my man.  Wink

Better get ready because you're going to hear the same from JJ's camp if he isn't signed by training camp. Fact is that it's foolish for any player to take part in training camp while negotiating a contract. It only takes one misstep to torpedo negotiations & usually when a player uses these "hold in" tactics, it's with the teams blessing as they likewise don't want to see the player injured prior to signing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

My understanding of Hock's delay in surgery was to allow the swelling to go down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post: