Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk is pissed about Penix
(04-26-2024, 09:13 AM)JR44 Wrote: Reports are that Kirk asked for Penix's number and called him to welcome him to the team.  So while he was understandably disappointed and surprised, Kirk being Kirk handled the moment with class.

Yeah, of course. That's Kirk. But that's really not the point. What he feels about it behind the facade of politeness is something else.

(04-26-2024, 08:46 AM)Zanary Wrote: All the anger at Kirk was always stupid, and still is. He's top 5 in Vikings QB history despite infamously s**t protection and 3 of his 5 years with a coach that couldn't keep an OC on the sideline...partially because he wanted his offense to be pure 1973.

I guess the people saying "they must have watched Kirk's game tape" missed a whole lot of footage to Diggs, JJ, AT, KJ, and even Addison. All those yards, scores, and even records must be flukes or something...right?  Gimme a break.

I think Atlanta just either fugged up, or just guaranteed that they're in for a heaping helping of everything we've had for years: "are they trading him to SF?!?!". Given how badly they whiffed on their last young QB, I see this as pure dumbassery from a front office that's clueless about locker room dynamics.

Kirk Cousins is not a top 5 QB in Vikings history, he's not even close to the top 5.
Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Bret Favre, Brad Johnson, Wade Wilson, Tommy Kramer,
not to mention, Case Keenum, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George, 
who all have won more playoff games and without playing under the strict QB rules.

(04-26-2024, 08:51 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Just read that Atlanta spent like 45 minutes with Penix total pre-Draft, lol. Complete surprise move. Kirk doesn't like someone breathing down his neck. This really changes the dynamic of things for him, I can see fans chanting for Penix if Cousins hits a couple game rough patch.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/178...9320730991

Former Atlanta gm Dmitroff said they flew a contingent out west to meet with him. I think Russini is missing something here.

By the time they move off Kirk, Penix will be eligible to collect Social Security.

I don't think Kirko is pissed about the pick, I think he's pissed because he suddenly realized what a stupid organization he just agreed to wind up his career with.
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

(04-26-2024, 09:25 AM)FLVike Wrote: Kirk Cousins is not a top 5 QB in Vikings history, he's not even close to the top 5.
Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Bret Favre, Brad Johnson, Wade Wilson, Tommy Kramer,
who all have won more playoff games and without playing under the strict QB rules.

Considering tenure with the team and not their overall NFL career for me would take out Favre (also my hatred for him!),  I would have to say Tark, Kramer, Culpepper, Cousins and reserving the 5 spot for JJM!

(04-26-2024, 09:25 AM)FLVike Wrote: Kirk Cousins is not a top 5 QB in Vikings history, he's not even close to the top 5.

Live with being wrong, look up the tangibles. In fact, another full season, he'd likely be top 2 in practically everything, and he was a real danger to unseat Daunte's TD record before his injury.

The actual results in terms of yards, accuracy, TDs, etc...all have him right amongst the best in team history. The team itself as good, overall, but his results at his position are recorded among our best.

You can try and spin "these rules vs those rules", and any attempt to lionize Keenum is a bad joke at this point...because it's just sour grapes.

The team, which had bottom-tier defenses 3 of his seasons and s**t o-line protection for every season but his last one...was not championship caliber. Furthermore, NONE of Zimmer's selected CBs amounted to anything...not Waynes, Hughes, Gladney, Hand, etc. The Vikings weren't going anywhere deep with Zimmer, 2017 was a fluke that had Shurmur as our OC to make Z look competent and Keenum look (briefly) like more than a lucky journeyman.

Those illusions didn't exactly last, did they?

So, like I said...snarl and deny all you want, the record books will ignore you, and have his totals up by our top QBs regardless what noises the hate brigade makes. None of those noises ever mattered, or had any merit behind them.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Zanary's post:

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I actually just searched "Best Minnesota Vikings Quarterbacks" and he was 3rd-4th in every single one...so, again, live with being wrong.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

You are 35 years old and have won one playoff game in your entire career and your new team has a top ten pick in the draft. Of course you are pissed that they select a player that will never assist you getting playoff win #2. Worse, I bet the Falcon's could have traded back with the Vikings and still drafted Penix. Frankly, I would be hella pissed if I was Cousins today.

(04-26-2024, 11:13 AM)VikingOracle Wrote: You are 35 years old and have won one playoff game in your entire career and your new team has a top ten pick in the draft.  Of course you are pissed that they select a player that will never assist you getting playoff win #2.  Worse, I bet the Falcon's could have traded back with the Vikings and still drafted Penix.  Frankly, I would be hella pissed if I was Cousins today.

Yep. And this as well:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/178...3017632947

(04-26-2024, 09:32 AM)comet52 Wrote: Former Atlanta gm Dmitroff said they flew a contingent out west to meet with him.  I think Russini is missing something here.

By the time they move off Kirk, Penix will be eligible to collect Social Security.

I don't think Kirko is pissed about the pick, I think he's pissed because he suddenly realized what a stupid organization he just agreed to wind up his career with.

That made it even more stranger to me. Assuming that Kirko will be their starter for the next 2 seasons, Penix will be 26 years old when he takes over. As strange as it was to draft a QB, why wouldn't you draft JJM who is only 21?