Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Two
Promises to be a boring day for Viking fans with no picks. But will Kwesi continue the "screw the '25 draft, we have $159M in cap space" attitude and deal our 1st for an early day-two pick? Bills are saying their phones are already ringing off the hook. 

Johnny Newton, McKinistry, DeJean, Sweat. Some tempting players available if he's so inclined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I wouldn't. This was a A+ draft the way it is and we still have an early 4th and some 6th/7ths left. The cost/benefit doesn't seem to be there.

I hope it's a boring Day 2 for us. Last night was exciting enough. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Let's announce a JJ extension in the middle of round 2 tonight when we would've been on the clock.
[-] The following 4 users Like pattersaur's post:

(04-26-2024, 09:08 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Promises to be a boring day for Viking fans with no picks. But will Kwesi continue the "screw the '25 draft, we have $159M in cap space" attitude and deal our 1st for an early day-two pick? Bills are saying their phones are already ringing off the hook. 

Johnny Newton, McKinistry, DeJean, Sweat. Some tempting players available if he's so inclined.

Doubt it, but its fun to imagine. Even when working through the QB pecking order they weren't thrilled with including their 25 1st. Realistically they may end up a team that doesn't perform very well in the W/L column, they could very well surprise. But having the trajectory pointed upwards with the new core and keeping that 25 1st would be big.
[-] The following 5 users Like NFL Draft Guru's post:

Anyone think Justin Fields gets traded during the day 2 of the draft?

(04-26-2024, 09:25 AM)NFL Draft Guru Wrote: Doubt it, but its fun to imagine. Even when working through the QB pecking order they weren't thrilled with including their 25 1st. Realistically they may end up a team that doesn't perform very well in the W/L column, they could very well surprise. But having the trajectory pointed upwards with the new core and keeping that 25 1st would be big.

This is why getting the rookie QB was so key. With Darnold, our ceiling is probably early playoff exit and our floor is much lower. But now they've given us fans some hope for the future. Without that hope in the form of JJM and cap space, a potential bad season would be a much harder pill to swallow.

This way I'm kind of fine with watching guys like Pace, Turner, Addison, Cine/Booth (???) etc develop, even if our record is middling. Not to speak for all fans but I assume many will feel this way as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

Take the night off everyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

Maybe it gives Kwesi and crew a chance to contact some agents regarding potential UDFAs...like best kicker available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

With seemingly six months of buildup and mock drafts permeating my every pore since God knows when, I am going to take Comet's advice, saddle up a couple of horses with my wife and have an enjoyable, quiet trail ride in the woods. Catch y'all Saturday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

(04-26-2024, 09:39 AM)comet52 Wrote: Take the night off everyone.

And cheer on the Timberwolves!  Or do what Tom's doing and spend time with your spouse or family and get outside and enjoy nature.

BOOM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post: