Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who's it going to be?
(04-25-2024, 09:14 AM)pattersaur Wrote: This is me as well. Rooting hard for Maye. Am good with McCarthy. Will be disappointed with the others (though hopeful).

The fact PA thinks we're going to get Maye makes me think we're not going to get Maye. Sad

I know PA has his haters for whatever reason, but there is no one more plugged into the Vikings than him. We'll see...

(04-25-2024, 09:00 AM)JR44 Wrote: I am hoping Maye by a mile, think he instantly changes the franchise, if not, I think we are staying at 11 and taking one of the other 3 who I would want Nix.

I will third that motion.  I think they have always targeted Maye and I hope they can get up there at 3 or 4.  At 3, they will have to give up more than the 11, 23 this draft but if he is the guy you have identified then carpe diem.  If Maye falls past 3 we move heaven and earth.  

I think the JJ hype is way overblown and I would wait to 11 and maybe lower to grab JJ.  

At 23, if we have the pick, whomever our brass has identified as the second best among:  Nix, JJ and Penix (that order for me).  

Basically, I would love to come out of this draft with Maye somehow someway.
[-] The following 2 users Like minny65's post:

Nix @ 23 for me.

(04-25-2024, 09:14 AM)pattersaur Wrote: This is me as well. Rooting hard for Maye. Am good with McCarthy. Will be disappointed with the others (though hopeful).

The fact PA thinks we're going to get Maye makes me think we're not going to get Maye. Sad

Exactly what I was thinking ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1VikesFan's post:

honestly don’t have a clue, guessing Mccarthy or Maye

(04-25-2024, 08:07 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Michael Penix
No Matter What

Love the Draft Day reference, don't love the pick.

Just so many red flags on him. Injuries, janky motion, wheels he doesn't use... I'll overlook a lot after we draft him but as of this moment he wouldn't be my preference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

I think they get a deal done to get Maye at 3 after the Patriots realize they aren’t getting 4 first rounders. I think the Giants may be our biggest competition for the slot. He needs a lot of work, with his feet probably being one of the biggest, but that can be fixed. He’s already shown to be proactive at working on those things on his own. I’ve said it before, but his spending the pre-draft working with Nix and his QB coach shows me a lot about his desire to get better at the things he needs to. He already showed at his pro day that the work is paying dividends. I think we see a fair number of picks, but also a lot of TD’s for awhile. I’ll be super excited if they get him. Actually, I’m going to be excited if they get any of these top 6 guys.

If that doesn’t happen, I think they target Nix. I think his accuracy is just too enticing for KOC. He wants a guy who gets out of bed accurate and Nix is probably one of the most accurate in the past decade. He’s also an exceptional fit for the offense. It’s not a surprise he knows a lot of that style after 5 different offenses in 5 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

I think any trade up package has to be for Maye. If not, I am fine taking Penix at 11 and Murphy or Newman at 23(whichever falls).

According to current draft value charts - Fitzgerald-Spielberger, Harvard, Rich Hill, Pro Sports Analytics (with the exception of the obsolete Johnson chart), a combination of #11 & #23 is an overpay of 15-24% when exchanged for #3. Even if you believe and accept the mythical QB tax, (I do not) that should be a sufficient overpay to move to #3. New England (and others) attempting to take advantage of a desperate Kwesi. I hope he stands firm.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rigby's post:

(04-25-2024, 12:50 PM)Rigby Wrote: According to current draft value charts - Fitzgerald-Spielberger, Harvard, Rich Hill, Pro Sports Analytics  (with the exception of the obsolete Johnson chart), a combination of #11 & #23 is an overpay of 15-24% when exchanged for #3. Even if you believe and accept the mythical QB tax, (I do not) that should be a sufficient overpay to move to #3. New England (and others) attempting to take advantage of a desperate Kwesi. I hope he stands firm.

If we can move to 3 with just those 2 picks (we cannot) there will be dancing in the streets in the Twin Cities and riots in Foxborough.