Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading down the stretch.....
(04-21-2024, 08:38 AM)FLVike Wrote: Key moments are when the Patriots are on the clock at 3 and when the Chargers are on the clock at 5. I personally hope we stick and pick. I think the Giants are bluffing all the way to their pick, they are not taking a QB.

If we’re not trading up for Maye at 3 (11,23,2025 1st) or McCarthy at 5 (only 11&23) I hope we stick.

3,4,5 are where the action "might be"

Rest assured, there are other teams besides Denver/Raiders who want to move up for a QB. I keep feeling Seattle is one of those teams.

What keeps me jittery about the whole thing is a repeat of 23; not finding a trade partner...

Good intentions alone wont get it done.

If we dont get Maye or JJ? I suspect Penix is the guy we are reading about Friday am.

As we get closer to the draft, I’m trending to the desire to keep both first round picks. EVERY player is a lottery ticket, if QBOTF doesn’t pan out for 11 AND 23, AND / OR possibly next years first rounder, we’re screwed. No guarantee THOSE picks would pan out either, but I’d rather bat .500 or even .333 than .000. It’s not WHERE you pick, it’s hitting ON those picks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vanguard83's post:

Agree Sticky, we know we are taking a QB which always makes for an exciting draft and this pick is going to be pivotal in terms of the direction of the franchise. After months of speculation it is going to be pretty suspenseful to see how it all takes shape. The Vikings deserve some kind of good fortune, so hopefully the best QB of the 6 somehow finds his way to Minny. It feels like we are very confident about trading up, so that feels most likely to happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd team involved, maybe something with NE and the Chargers and us.
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

Here's one we havent discussed at all...

Whether by intention or bad luck, the Vikings dont end-up with a QB in the first round.

NOTHING KAM can do that will surprise me anymore. Ive been trained to expect the un-expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-21-2024, 12:21 PM)Vanguard83 Wrote: As we get closer to the draft, I’m trending to the desire to keep both first round picks.  EVERY player is a lottery ticket, if QBOTF doesn’t pan out for 11 AND 23, AND / OR possibly next years first rounder, we’re screwed.  No guarantee THOSE picks would pan out either, but I’d rather bat .500 or even .333 than .000.  It’s not WHERE you pick, it’s hitting ON those picks.

It won't happen but it's an interesting discussion point; would this team be better off using #11 and #23 to address other positions of need and build the roster up around Sam Darnold? I wouldn't hate seeing it and worse case scenario is it doesn't work out and we are probably drafting high and retain our 1st in 2025 that we could use to take a quarterback. I would argue taking, say, Byron Murphy at #11 and JC Lathom at #23 does more for this roster immediately, then say a rookie quarterback that's going to need to sit behind Darnold anyways and learn a very complex (by all accounts) offense. We could still take a flyer on an upside quarterback in the mid rounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(04-21-2024, 02:23 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: It won't happen but it's an interesting discussion point; would this team be better off using #11 and #23 to address other positions of need and build the roster up around Sam Darnold? I wouldn't hate seeing it and worse case scenario is it doesn't work out and we are probably drafting high and retain our 1st in 2025 that we could use to take a quarterback. I would argue taking, say, Byron Murphy at #11 and JC Lathom at #23 does more for this roster immediately, then say a rookie quarterback that's going to need to sit behind Darnold anyways and learn a very complex (by all accounts) offense. We could still take a flyer on an upside quarterback in the mid rounds.

Supa, it sounds like you're making an argument to extend the competitive rebuild...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-21-2024, 12:35 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Here's one we havent discussed at all...

Whether by intention or bad luck, the Vikings dont end-up with a QB in the first round.

NOTHING KAM can do that will surprise me anymore. Ive been trained to expect the un-expected.

This is the armageddon scenario for me. I know some are advocating for exactly this but man, I don't see it. This is the year. This is the bed the team made. This is flag-planting time.

I'm at peace with watching Darnold for a majority of the season, provided a rookie is sitting behind him and in theory learning. Preferably a rookie that looked competent in the preseason.

But the proposition of a full year of Darnold and another full offseason of *looks around* this, sounds dreadful.
[-] The following 3 users Like pattersaur's post:

The closer we get to Thursday, the more you're going to see these kinds of stories:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-d...er-report/

'Open for business' doesn't mean 'realistically open for business'. They (Patriots) need a QB. #5 will be the first pick in any universe of reality to trade up for and that is going to take a bunch of comp. For JJM is my guess. I think you can kiss goodbye any chance of getting Drake Maye. Minnesota's only shot is the #4 QB....and who knows how they have their QBs ranked. It could be that Penix isn't that far below JJM for them. Minnesota put themselves in this situation by not grabbing control of the Kirk Cousins situation a year or so back, one way or the other. I'll say this: neither KOC nor KAM seem too worried about the situation.....not sure if that's putting on a front or not, but they sure act like they know something we don't....which might include liking a QB that isn't in everyone's top 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-22-2024, 04:08 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The closer we get to Thursday, the more you're going to see these kinds of stories:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-d...er-report/

'Open for business' doesn't mean 'realistically open for business'. They (Patriots) need a QB. #5 will be the first pick in any universe of reality to trade up for and that is going to take a bunch of comp. For JJM is my guess. I think you can kiss goodbye any chance of getting Drake Maye. Minnesota's only shot is the #4 QB....and who knows how they have their QBs ranked. It could be that Penix isn't that far below JJM for them. Minnesota put themselves in this situation by not grabbing control of the Kirk Cousins situation a year or so back, one way or the other. I'll say this: neither KOC nor KAM seem too worried about the situation.....not sure if that's putting on a front or not, but they sure act like they know something we don't....which might include liking a QB that isn't in everyone's top 3.

I sorta sensed that too. If it's not a front, I think it probably comes from building a bunch of contingencies and firewalls. They know exactly what they're going to do if X, Y and Z happens.