Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading down the stretch.....
It's almost here.....not to be grandiose, but it's one of the pivotal moments in recent history for the Vikings. Don't care who it is, just care that this QB turns out to be The Man. Will the next few days lead to some true information about plans? Will the Vikings move up before Thursday? Is it possible they get shut out in efforts to move up and just stick-and-pick non-QBs at #11 and #23? Would a guy like Penix or Nix be worth a #11 selection? If they move up and give up a bunch, the careers of both KOC and KAM will be connected, for better or worse.

It seemed like forever to get to the point we are now, just days away from questions becoming answers. The wait is almost over.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524u3bdb4br28759p5dv...y.gif&ct=g]

This will be a long 5 days! My prediction is we won't trade until the team we trade with is on the clock....with the goal of saving the 2025 1st rounder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoDakota's post:

Yep, next 5 days will be interesting and the outcome Thursday night will go a long way to chart the path to the future of the Vikings. Anything is still possible. I know most think they will trade up to get the QBOTF, and I hope they do, but there is still a chance that they just cannot get a team to agree and they don't get their guy.

I hope fans will understand, this is not a video game or computer program. If a trade is consumated, the price may be far above what most think will be a fair price. The cost will be what it takes to move AND to outbid other bidders.
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rf54's post:

Key moments are when the Patriots are on the clock at 3 and when the Chargers are on the clock at 5. I personally hope we stick and pick. I think the Giants are bluffing all the way to their pick, they are not taking a QB.
[-] The following 3 users Like FLVike's post:

Given how desperate the Vikings are, how hard they tried moving up last year, and the fact that the QB talent this year runs 6 deep, I would be shocked if we wake up Friday morning without our guy. 

I think the most likely is that we trade up to 4 or 5 and take JJ there. But this article PF posted is worrying me a little. Might NFL teams once again conspire to keep a good QB off this team? Might NFC Arizona take an AFC Broncos deal over a better deal from us? Making Surtain available (if true) puts them right back into the game. 

But here's the deal: worst case scenario is that we miss on QB entirely and we take two defensive players at 11 and 23. Imagine adding Byron Murphy (11), Johnny Newton (23) and T'Vondre Sweat (108) to our front seven.

(04-21-2024, 08:38 AM)FLVike Wrote: Key moments are when the Patriots are on the clock at 3 and when the Chargers are on the clock at 5. I personally hope we stick and pick. I think the Giants are bluffing all the way to their pick, they are not taking a QB.

It's not only the Giants, the Broncos and Raiders are both desperate to get a QBOTF as well
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

It's like the old saying, "You always make the best and most intelligent decisions when you are acting out of desperation."

Is that the saying? Did I get that right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dadevike's post:

(04-21-2024, 10:08 AM)rf54 Wrote: It's not only the Giants, the Broncos and Raiders are both desperate to get a QBOTF as well

Not sure the Broncos and Raiders have enough to trade up unless they give up future picks.  Both teams have so many holes it may be best for them to stay put and hope Nix or Penix drop to them.

(04-21-2024, 10:30 AM)dadevike Wrote: It's like the old saying, "You always make the best and most intelligent decisions when you are acting out of desperation."

Is that the saying? Did I get that right?

Is it "If Necessity is the mother of Invention, Desperation is the father of Brilliance"?

(shrug), we pick who we pick and it rides on the skill of our GM plus any possible trades. I'm very curious as to who will be our next shiny golden boy QB. Hopefully, he is a good choice for us, fits our system well, and has a long successful career!