Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Spencer Rattler
Quote: @Mattyman said:
He went from being a Heisman candidate to getting benched  in 6 weeks at OU

Caleb Williams took the job and Rattler   was forced to transfer. Rattler got served a  slice of humble pie.

Seemed like he got caught up in off the field  ( NIL and selling merch) stuff instead of what matters,  playing and improving  on the field.  

At South Carolina he was decent, but didn't exactly kill it.

I can't recall watching any S. Carolina games this past season but from what I've heard & read, he had no offensive support. His OL was a sieve & he only had one legit receiver, Xavier Legette who's considered a Day 2 prospect.

He'll be drafted by a team who misses out on one of the top 6 QBs. NO, Seattle, LAR. He'll most likely be successful if drafted by LAR, coached by McVay in that system to develop behind Stafford.

What does our ideal QB room look like going into training
camp and then going into the season?

Darnold -> Rookie -> Mullens -> Hall (risk putting
him on the Practice Squad?) or is Mullens the odd man out and keep Hall on the roster?

I have to imagine a Rattler caliber QB is going straight to
the practice squad unless they blow up in camp.

Quote: @JR44 said:
In a QB rich draft, he is someone who could getting overlooked.  Another guy who really intrigues me is Joe Milton, who easily has the best arm in the draft.  He is not someone I would draft as my lone QB pick, but if we took a QB in the first and Milton is there in the later rounds, I would consider him.  I think of the year the Redskins took RGIII at 2 and then drafted Cousins in the 4th or the 49ers taking Purdy in the 7th after having drafted Lance the year before.  With the most important position on the field, it can be worth taking a few shots at it.  
Milton has the strongest arm,  but certainly not the best.  Makes me think about all the gushing for jamarcus Russell before he was drafted, athletic, huge arm,  to bad he just wasn't a QB.  I think Milton is better,  but still a massive long shot to ever be a full time NFL starter.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
In a QB rich draft, he is someone who could getting overlooked.  Another guy who really intrigues me is Joe Milton, who easily has the best arm in the draft.  He is not someone I would draft as my lone QB pick, but if we took a QB in the first and Milton is there in the later rounds, I would consider him.  I think of the year the Redskins took RGIII at 2 and then drafted Cousins in the 4th or the 49ers taking Purdy in the 7th after having drafted Lance the year before.  With the most important position on the field, it can be worth taking a few shots at it.  
Milton has the strongest arm,  but certainly not the best.  Makes me think about all the gushing for jamarcus Russell before he was drafted, athletic, huge arm,  to bad he just wasn't a QB.  I think Milton is better,  but still a massive long shot to ever be a full time NFL starter.
Milton may have a strong arm, but he is wildly inaccurate.  I watched the Senior Bowl and was left unimpressed.  Having said that, his 2023 completion percentage was right in there with Penix...64% vs 65%.  I do like his size.  He is projected as a 6th rounder.

There's a couple mid to later round guys that intrigue me outside of Milton. I think Sam Hartman could be a really good backup in the league and to me, Jordan Travis was being way underrated in this draft process befire the leg injury. If medical are OK on him, he'd be worth taking a late round flyer on and putting on the practice squad 

Does he have an actual rattle, like a snake?  Like he shakes his arm and it makes that rattlesnake sound?  Cuz if he did, I'd draft him.  :p

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
Milton may have a strong arm, but he is wildly inaccurate.  I watched the Senior Bowl and was left unimpressed.  Having said that, his 2023 completion percentage was right in there with Penix...64% vs 65%.  I do like his size.  He is projected as a 6th rounder.
I watched a few of his games,  I didnt see anything resembling Penix.  I would take a day 3 flyer on the guy,  but I am definitely not thinking of him as anything more than a possible novelty player at this point.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
There's a couple mid to later round guys that intrigue me outside of Milton. I think Sam Hartman could be a really good backup in the league and to me, Jordan Travis was being way underrated in this draft process befire the leg injury. If medical are OK on him, he'd be worth taking a late round flyer on and putting on the practice squad 
Im going to take a hard pass on Hartman,  we already have seen his best football and its on par with a back up like what we already have for sure in Hall,  whats the point?