Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question now is: which team does Minnesota have the deal with?
You're all a lot more convinced than me they have a "handshake deal" with anyone right now...That said, I think they knew that they needed more ammo than just the #11 spot to potentially move-up. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/ZachGelb/status/1768...10945?s=20
That would be awesome and get us Daniels who I think is a franchise QB.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/ZachGelb/status/1768...10945?s=20
It just sounds like it would take a LOT to move up into the top 3 picks (which we all already knew). You have 3 elite QB prospects and 3 very QB needy teams picking in those slots. There is just no way it's not Williams, Maye and Daniels in those slots (in whichever order). 

So that leaves us all wondering, do you give up those picks to move up to 4th and take the fourth best quarterback, which would presumably be McCarthy, who DJ has as the 27th ranked prospect in this draft? I don't know, it's all just such a huge gamble and like I said, it would essentially be a one player draft for us on a roster that still has holes to fill. Would you rather move up to take McCarthy at #4 and that's it until the 4th round, or would we be better off taking one of the elite defensive prospects in this draft at #11 and going QB at #23 with Nix or Penix? I don't know what the right answer is, but we certainly acquired the Houston pick to give us some options and flexibility 

the Cards and Chargers are most likely the trade target.
What they will like is - that if QBs go 1,2,3,4 is it slides the top talent of other positions down and makes their new picks just as desirable with their needs.
If the 1st 4 are QBs the other QBs are likely to go earlier than normal too.
Good year not to need a QB in the top 25 selections.

Maybe they trade with NE for the 3 spot, NE then trades the 11th pick to Chicago for Fields.  NE gets a quarterback that is less of a gamble having been in the league for a few years instead of a crap shoot taking a guy that may or may not pan out. 

Quote: @Greylock said:
Maybe they trade with NE for the 3 spot, NE then trades the 11th pick to Chicago for Fields.  NE gets a quarterback that is less of a gamble having been in the league for a few years instead of a crap shoot taking a guy that may or may not pan out. 
I don't see Fields going for any more than a second round pick and probably a conditional pick in 2025. If the Bears got a top 15 pick for him it would be highway robbery 

Quote: @Greylock said:
Fields for the 11th overall pick?  Sorry, I don't see that happening.

Quote: @Godhead said:
What they will like is - that if QBs go 1,2,3,4 is it slides the top talent of other positions down and makes their new picks just as desirable with their needs.
I don’t think top 3 is for sale either.

My best guess is we have a tentative agreement to get to 5, and have also told Arizona not to trade 4 without giving us a chance to match.

If QBs go 1-3 and #4 gets traded to anyone but us that will be a kick in the stick, not gonna lie. Wherever the slot may be I think we need to leave this draft with the fourth QB taken or better. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Godhead said:

My best guess is we have a tentative agreement to get to 5, and have also told Arizona not to trade 4 without giving us a chance to match.

If QBs go 1-3 and #4 gets traded to anyone but us that will be a kick in the stick, not gonna lie. Wherever the slot may be I think we need to leave this draft with the fourth QB taken or better. 
Depends on how they got em stacked...

I dont think they look at it as they must get one of the top 4 - but (to paraphrase from @Marroonbells) they need to acquire whomever they have in their top tier.  

For all we know they have Penix or Nix rated in that top tier? I personally would rather have Nix of the two, but there's a lot of chatter the Vikings like Penix.  

I also dont think they acquired a 2nd #1 pick for Nix or Penix, but what do I know???

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Godhead said:

If I am an GM, knowing what MN has and I want to jump then n your scenario,   I call AZ, top the minny offer,  and tell them it's off the table as soon as we are off the phone,  I wouldn't give them a chance to get another offer from minny or other.