Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question now is: which team does Minnesota have the deal with?
It just makes too much sense that for the Vikings to grab another 1st round pick to move up, they've got a 'handshake deal' with another team. That's probably 100% true. But which one? Are they prepared to give up next year's #1 as well to get it done at #3? Or is this just to solidify the #4-#5 range with either Arizona or Los Angeles? JMO, but I think its for a specific player, not a couple players. 

Just guesswork, but the more I think about it, the more I think its for the #3 spot and the plan is to give more comp than just this year's 2 first rounders. That is big compensation, but if you believe that a certain QB is THE dude.....I guess you plant your flag. I originally didn't think they'd move all the way to #3 and I'm still not completely sure about that.....but I'm starting to think that way. I just don't think an organization is ok with, 'sure...I'm fine with any of these 3 guys' after gathering comp to move up. Its for a singular person, IMO. 

If way you say is correct, from what I hear it would be a deal with NE for Drake Maye.

i hope it’s not to assure the #4 or #5 spot and the Giants jump over us.

I understand NE being a trade target as they may want to follow the philosophy of first building up your team & then adding your QB. But if I'm the NE GM, I'm asking myself:
When am I going to be drafting high enough again that I have the opportunity to add a franchise QB?When will I have the opportunity to again draft a QB with the ceiling of Maye?If I pass on Maye in this draft, how much draft capital will it cost me to move up in another draft to take my franchise QB?
If I'm NE, I'm drafting Maye.

I agree, I do not think you are making an aggressive trade to get another 1st rounder unless you are trying to get into the top 3.  At the combine we heard a lot of Kirk going to Atlanta and also the Vikes and NE talking about 3, I do not think NE is talking to anyone if they are sold on the QB who is likely to be at 3.  They could possibly prefer one of the next 3.

My gut says the handshake deal is with Arizona at 4 for JJM with the terms already decided. 11 and 23 for 4. So why haven't they just done that yet? 

Because I think they like both Maye and McCarthy, but like Maye just a little bit more. And so if Washington takes Daniels and Maye gets to #3, they may want to add whatever sweetener it takes to move one spot higher. 

Just speculating here but does anyone think it's possible to have a handshake deal for #4 with the possibility of eventually trading it for #2 or #3 if Wash or NE doesn't want to fall so far back?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
My gut says the handshake deal is with Arizona at 4 for JJM with the terms already decided. 11 and 23 for 4. So why haven't they just done that yet? 

Because I think they like both Maye and McCarthy, but like Maye just a little bit more. And so if Washington takes Daniels and Maye gets to #3, they may want to add whatever sweetener it takes to move one spot higher. 
I think we are on the same page

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
I understand NE being a trade target as they may want to follow the philosophy of first building up your team & then adding your QB. But if I'm the NE GM, I'm asking myself:
When am I going to be drafting high enough again that I have the opportunity to add a franchise QB?When will I have the opportunity to again draft a QB with the ceiling of Maye?If I pass on Maye in this draft, how much draft capital will it cost me to move up in another draft to take my franchise QB?
If I'm NE, I'm drafting Maye.
If they don't have a top 5 pick again next year I'll be surprised. The 25 QB class doesn't look great, but that's really impossible to predict.

I can see both sides of the argument. The other side says they can get a much needed franchise LT or WR at 11, Penix or Nix at 23, and have two first rounders next year to build around them....or Drake Maye on a lousy team.  

Quote: @"DeepFreeze05" said:
Just speculating here but does anyone think it's possible to have a handshake deal for #4 with the possibility of eventually trading it for #2 or #3 if Wash or NE doesn't want to fall so far back?
That's a good point and it's possible that's what they heard from both Washington and New England at the combine. Might be more expensive to make two deals instead of one tho.