Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you give a 2nd rounder for Fields?
I think the realistic bridge qb options are Brissett, Darnold, and Minshew.  Minshew has the best stats, he'd be choice #1, followed by Brisset.  Darnold is a sack of crap, I'd almost rather waste time and draft capital with Justin Fields, as bad as that would be.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
and the answer is still fuck no!   why go after somebody elses failure, and in the process help bail out a division rival?
you mean like Sam Darnold or Zach Wilson?

Quote: @comet52 said:
I think the realistic bridge qb options are Brissett, Darnold, and Minshew.  Minshew has the best stats, he'd be choice #1, followed by Brisset.  Darnold is a sack of crap, I'd almost rather waste time and draft capital with Justin Fields, as bad as that would be.
Minshew is now a Raider

Quote: @kmillard said:
@pattersaur said:
Okay not a 2nd. What about a 4th?

I’m really not trying to die on the Fields hill but all of the options are bad right now.

If we want to compete at all in 2024 then Fields, draft DL in first or 2nd, and keep filling holes with FAs seems like the best shot that won’t cripple us longterm financially.

If we’re gonna suck in 2024 and everyone’s fine with that then yeah let’s just sign Darnold and be done with it. But I’m still hopeful for a better. As of this moment. That can change rapidly ha. 
I could start getting on board for a 4th.
If they offer Fields for a 4, you make that trade in one second. We’re looking at a 3-4 win team with whatever’s left for us in the heaping pile of shit at QB. 

Doesn’t stop the team from drafting a QB either. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
and the answer is still fuck no!   why go after somebody elses failure, and in the process help bail out a division rival?
if they are free agents,  I dont give a shit,  I am just done with sending draft picks to other teams for reclamation projects with higher than most bust potential.   Maybe a conditional pick in 26 for Wilson or another young guy on a rookied deal based on if he is still on the roster by the 25 trade deadline,  otherwise,  nah.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@CFIAvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
if they are free agents,  I dont give a shit,  I am just done with sending draft picks to other teams for reclamation projects with higher than most bust potential.   Maybe a conditional pick in 26 for Wilson or another young guy on a rookied deal based on if he is still on the roster by the 25 trade deadline,  otherwise,  nah.
so you want us to suck, got it

Hide the wives, but I might be able to see what Z.Wilson could do with some coaching from KOC. Not sure if that is a match of skills to system though?

Oh god, how quickly I hit bottom. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Hide the wives, but I might be able to see what Z.Wilson could do with some coaching from KOC. Not sure if that is a match of skills to system though?

Zach Wilson would've been a good backup option to Cousins...and worth a day three draft pick. Since we now need the starter too, it's a whole different picture. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Zach Wilson would've been a good backup option to Cousins...and worth a day three draft pick. Since we now need the starter too, it's a whole different picture. 
We’ve seen everything Zach Wilson is and he sucks ass. He’s worth our lowest 6th AT MOST. 

Crazy thing is...  Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas were all predicted to be the top landing spots for Fields...  well Atlanta signed Cousins, Pittsburgh signed Wilson, and Las Vegas signed Minshew.

The Vikings might be the most likely trade partner for Fields now that all those other teams acquired veteran QBs.  Crazy.

If we're talking a 4th round pick or later, I'd see what he could do.  He's not a flat out bust like Zach Wilson, but I don't know if Fields is a strong enough passer to fit O'Connell's offense.  At this point, the Vikings need to be open-minded about the QB position for 2024.