Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold Ugh
Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@CFIAvike said:
According to some on here Sam Darnold would be good for 10-11 wins as a “bridge QB”
Only you,  making up straw arguments....you are literally the only one to have uttered such absurdity.   Nobody has said a bridge QB is going to take the team to the playoffs ( which 10 to 11 wins could do)  but keep posting stuff nobody says so you have a reason to be incensed. 
This poster even mentions Darnold amongst others who could offer similar results to Mayfield (who got good team to the playoffs)

[Image: njhp2qyn7ot8.jpeg]
Who ever this VikingIowa person is full of shit if they think Minshew, Jones or Cooper Rush is going to offer competitive play on par with Mayfield.  Those guys are roster fillers for a reason but anyway that post was good for a laugh after the Super Bowl.  Continue to be pissed off and post about it for every thing Viking related that doesn't please you. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry 

[Image: ditjg4dpw22y.jpg]
its funny,  when I hear Jackie in my head... its not spelled like that.  More like Wha Da Fok!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Lol yup, this is a strong possibility if Kirk leaves. All I can do is laugh and shake my head. I hate it, but I'd also hate getting bent by Kirk on a multi year guaranteed deal where we are once again deferring money into future dead years. It's a shitty situation but it's the situation those in charge have painted themselves into 
Yep. Without Kirk we’re gonna need some kind of miracle to not be terrible. That’s why I think the Vikings will be desperate and ultimately successful in re-signing him. Not my preferred route but I’ll support whatever. I just hope we can fight our way outta this situation since our backs are kind of against the wall. Thankfully it’s the NFL and tides turn quickly. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
Lol yup, this is a strong possibility if Kirk leaves. All I can do is laugh and shake my head. I hate it, but I'd also hate getting bent by Kirk on a multi year guaranteed deal where we are once again deferring money into future dead years. It's a shitty situation but it's the situation those in charge have painted themselves into 
Yep. Without Kirk we’re gonna need some kind of miracle to not be terrible. That’s why I think the Vikings will be desperate and ultimately successful in re-signing him. Not my preferred route but I’ll support whatever. I just hope we can fight our way outta this situation since our backs are kind of against the wall. Thankfully it’s the NFL and tides turn quickly. 
No KC?
No DH?

That is a disaster of an off-season. 

Bye bye competitive rebuild! 

Sam Darnold is like burping up a little throw-up in your mouth..with the burn as well.  

lol, some seem very disturbed by this rumor. I guess its gospel when you've got that narrative you need to keep propping up.

@supafreak84 said:
I don't think a team with JJ, Addison, Hockenson, two elite tackles and B-Flo on defense is ever going to be terrible. Even if you put the worst QB in the NFL on that team they would be modestly competitive.

The Vikings will sign Cousins because he gives them the best chance to win a Super Bowl in the next couple years, short of landing the next CJ Stroud, which seems pretty unlikely. The Vikings, with Cousins, are Super Bowl contenders. The Vikings without Cousins, using a bridge or a rookie, are probably pretty much the same thing they were this year weeks 9 thru 18. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
Sam Darnold is like burping up a little throw-up in your mouth..with the burn as well.  
Followed by a huge messy shart, lol!
No thanks to Darnold.  KOC knows better than anyone he needs a QB to be competitive; especially in the NFCN.  I think they'll be aiming higher for next year's starting QB.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
I don't think a team with JJ, Addison, Hockenson, two elite tackles and B-Flo on defense is ever going to be terrible. Even if you put the worst QB in the NFL on that team they would be modestly competitive.

The Vikings will sign Cousins because he gives them the best chance to win a Super Bowl in the next couple years, short of landing the next CJ Stroud, which seems pretty unlikely. The Vikings, with Cousins, are Super Bowl contenders. The Vikings without Cousins, using a bridge or a rookie, are probably pretty much the same thing they were this year weeks 9 thru 18. 

Every scrap of evidence from the past ~6 years says this is not true.

@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Every scrap of evidence from the past ~6 years says this is not true.
Except the one that matters. We're not talking about 6 years ago when the Vikings had John DeFilippo running its offense, George Edwards running its defense, and Reiff, Remmers, Compton, Elflein and Hill starting on its line. 

We're talking about a QB entering year three of the same offense after having his best year ever in year two, along with the help of Darrisaw, O'Neill, JJ, Addison, Hockenson and B-flo running its defense. Yes, that is a contender.