Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold Ugh

Lol yup, this is a strong possibility if Kirk leaves. All I can do is laugh and shake my head. I hate it, but I'd also hate getting bent by Kirk on a multi year guaranteed deal where we are once again deferring money into future dead years. It's a shitty situation but it's the situation those in charge have painted themselves into 

The options if Kirk leaves are not pretty and it doesnt help us with the draft either. 

Maybe he flourishes under the tutelage of KOC.... B)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry 

[Image: ditjg4dpw22y.jpg]

According to some on here Sam Darnold would be good for 10-11 wins as a “bridge QB”

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
According to some on here Sam Darnold would be good for 10-11 wins as a “bridge QB”
Only you,  making up straw arguments....you are literally the only one to have uttered such absurdity.   Nobody has said a bridge QB is going to take the team to the playoffs ( which 10 to 11 wins could do)  but keep posting stuff nobody says so you have a reason to be incensed. 

If we move on from Kirko, my money is on Jacoby Brissett. He's a good fit for what KOC wants his QB to do (Darnold would also be a good fit). The rumor was that when Kirko went down, Brissett was the Vikings first choice but Washington asked for too much compensation, supposedly a 3rd round pick. Kwesi then pivoted to Dobbs who was not a good fit in KOC's offense.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@CFIAvike said:
Only you,  making up straw arguments....you are literally the only one to have uttered such absurdity.   Nobody has said a bridge QB is going to take the team to the playoffs ( which 10 to 11 wins could do)  but keep posting stuff nobody says so you have a reason to be incensed. 
This poster even mentions Darnold amongst others who could offer similar results to Mayfield (who got good team to the playoffs)

[Image: njhp2qyn7ot8.jpeg]

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@CFIAvike said:
This poster even mentions Darnold amongst others who could offer similar results to Mayfield (who got good team to the playoffs)

[Image: njhp2qyn7ot8.jpeg]
is our team ready for a playoff run where a game manager QB would get those results?  NO.  Mayfield was able to get where he was due to the players around him,  and theres a big difference between competitive in the NFL and being a 11 win team making the playoffs.  There is really only a handfull of teams each year that arent "competitive" week in and week out,  but even with the expanded playoff format many of those dont win that many games and make the playoffs or really compete once there.   I think you read shit into what others post and then get mad at what you created from their words.