Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: True Detective, Night Country
I'd give True Detective a C+/B-

Fargo S5 was much better imo. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Got through 2 epsiodes of True and almost the whole season of Fargo until it jumped the shark for me.  

The first season of True with Woody/Matthew was far and away the best.  Others were horrible.  I also liked the first few seasons of Fargo the best.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So this has been.....disappointing. Excellent acting, that's been very good. The storyline? Thin and elongated. One episode left and we don't even know what has killed these scientists and members of the community?? Stupid. They haven't developed the villian/entity enough for angst from the viewer. And I wish we had a bit more chemistry between Jodie Foster and Kali Reis. That's part of what I've enjoyed in past parts of the franchise. Foster's character is just a smidge too much bitch and anger. 

Sigh, I had high hopes. 
First - Had same fun reaction when I say Jodie wearing the Viking sweatshirt - Second, Im only three episodes in and have found it a bit frustrating since I had such high hopes, especially after the first episode and then finding the human popsicle. But now hearing what you say above I may just give up on it and not waste my time. I would have hoped that they reveal something about what killed these people by the next episode (4th). Oh well - 

Wife and I are now watching full series again.

Watched "Homeland" the last few weeks and now started "The Killing" two of our favorites that we watched a decade ago.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Got through 2 epsiodes of True and almost the whole season of Fargo until it jumped the shark for me.  

The first season of True with Woody/Matthew was far and away the best.  Others were horrible.  I also liked the first few seasons of Fargo the best.
Probably just me but I can't watch anything with Matthew McConaughey in it.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Tell me that you're not a female without telling me that you're not a female. =)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

He was amazing in True Detective. 

Quote: @minny65 said:

Watched "Homeland" the last few weeks and now started "The Killing" two of our favorites that we watched a decade ago.  
Not trying to crap on you or the show because I was super into it as it was going and it was really good, but man the Season 1 finale of The Killing gotta be one of the biggest letdowns in the modern history of TV. I never ended up tuning into season 2 after that. Maybe I should (?) but I’m not sure the burn has healed, even after so long ha. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

He was amazing in True Detective. 
Funny comments because both my wife and I did not like McConaughey until we watched True Detective.  He and Harrelson were awesome.  Went down hill from there - IMO.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:

Not trying to crap on you or the show because I was super into it as it was going and it was really good, but man the Season 1 finale of The Killing gotta be one of the biggest letdowns in the modern history of TV. I never ended up tuning into season 2 after that. Maybe I should (?) but I’m not sure the burn has healed, even after so long ha. 
Can't remember watched so long ago.

Only on season 1 episode 3 now.  The acting of the grieving parents is off the charts heart-wrenching.  My wife couldn't watch that episode because we lost an 18 yr. old niece to a boat accident drowning 4 years ago and she can't watch anything with drowning in it now.  Watching the grieving parent is very similar to watching my sister-in-law and her husband now.  You never get over the death of a child.  They are both a train-wreck four years later.  

I have a feeling I might be watching this one by myself Sad